1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christmas present ideas?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Johneh, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Johneh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey! Does anyone have any good ideas what I can get for my boyfriend for christmas? I struggle every year with the same thing. So far I have got him a bunch of new clothes and a kindle fire hd with accessories.

I still feel like I haven't bought enough. :/

#1 Johneh, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  2. biggayguy

Here are some suggestions; favorite music, favorite cologne, candles for a special evening, jewelry. That's all I can think of for now.

3. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Meh.. Clothes..

What is he interested in?? Put more "Heart" into it.

4. Johneh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    cologne is a good idea but he has has bottles and bottles of it left from last year. He doesn't wear jewellery :/

He does enjoy doing d.i.y but I have no clue about any of that stuff or even if he would want anything like that as a gift...

5. Koler

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well aside from a gift what do you have in mind for his birthday?

6. biggayguy

Does he like movies or concerts? Maybe you could get tickets for an event or movie that he likes.

7. Johneh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It would be nice to get tickets to go to something maybe

8. PalestrinaMX

Maybe a trip somewhere?

9. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whoah you got him all that and still feel like you haven't bought him enough; you must spoil him a lot. Something from the heart that is meaningful to both you and him would be a good gift.

10. Johneh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah I did think about a trip somewhere a while ago

@angel626
    I wasn't able to really get that much last Christmas and I felt bad so I'm trying to make up for it.

11. Case

Currently DE. Also, FL, NV, AL and California!
    Okay, this isn't really a single gift idea, but it is really fun and he will love you in the end if you do it right. I did this a few years ago to my parents and they flipped when they found out it was me.

So this is called the Secret Santa. So the gifts are based off of the 12 days of Christmas song. So you have to start on Dec. 13 with your first gift. Here's a list of example gifts:
    1st Partridge in a pear tree - a can of pears or a basket with a pear in it.
    2nd Two turtle doves - 2 dove bars
    3rd Three french hens - 3 cans of chicken noodle soup w/ a note saying that the french hens were on a vacation in Italy...or somethings like that.
    4th Four calling birds - write four amazing things about your loved one on cut-out birds
    5th Five golden rings -a can on pineapples or five bagels
    6th Geese a laying - melt white chocolate then make mini white chocolate disks and place a yellow M&M in the middle. Let it cool and place six of them in a container.
    7th Seven swans a swimming - You can leave a note saying they flew south for the winter but they left thier bubble bath behind.
    8th Eight maids a milking - powdered milk and 8 packs of hot chocolate
    9th Nine ladies dancing - leave a happy feet DVD/ Nutcracker DVD or nine candy canes with a note saying that these are what the ladies use to walk after dancing all day.
    10th Ten lords a leaping - ben-gay/soothing lotion for all the jumping, or cozy socks.
    11th Pipers piping - some type of toy instrument/trumpet, etc.
    12th Drummers Drumming - mini bongos, Drumline movie, nutcracker with a drum, drumstick ice cream.

So those are some ideas. The fun part is delivering the gifts without the person finding out. I had my brother deliver the gifts secretly on my parents doorstep. They never suspected me because I was away at college. Once my brother delivered he would contact me. I then had my friend text my mother that a gift had been delivered. My mom didn't know my friends phone number. So everyday my parents would find these gifts with goofy notes on them. On the last day (Christmas Eve) I left a note with the last gift saying that 'Your Secret Santa' will visit you on Christmas. Of Course I came home for Christmas. I had drawn a large picture of myself and my brother as two Santa's arguing about who the 'Secret' Santa was. It was the best watching my parents unwrap that picture in the end to realize that they had been tricked, and it was us. They never got over it.

You may discover how much your loved one is a detective. My mother called me every night telling me all the ways she was going to try and catch Santa. So be careful if you do this. Have some Elves you can trust and count on to deliver the gifts or text messages so you are never suspected.

Tailor your big reveal to you. I draw often so the picture worked for me. Maybe something else will work for you.

Good Luck!

12. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't participate in Christmas anymore as the consumerism disgusts me. Receiving gifts doesn't make me happy, nor does distributing them to others. But since you celebrate xmas there's some cool, cheap stuff you can get on amazon.

I used to get my friends books, cds, movies, because that's what they like. Maybe he would like a magazine subscription? They usually have discount for the holidays, so he might like that.

I once got a membership to the movies, which was cool. But if your bf doesn't like movies then that would be a bad idea.

13. leer

maybe a bit of detective work with the DIY stuff see if he gives you any hints few years back my dad was given a multi tool hand held thing it`s a drill -a saw -a #######-screwdriver
    it was quit expensive then but they had just come on the market he still use's it after about 3 years . just a suggestion

14. photoguy93

Gift giving does not have to be about the money. I know it's about "consumerism" but you can shove that where the sun don't shine. It's so much fun to give meaningful gifts.

What I do is I listen. If someone says "gosh....my job is so stressful, I could use a massage" I'd consider getting one. Or if a friend and I just started watching a show, say... "True blood" I'd go and get something related to that.

I also search Amazon/Etsy for items I know my friends enjoy. For instance, one of my best friends loves Domo. She also loves pandas, so I found a domo that's in a panda suit. I mean...come on, how cute is that?

15. hichat

A watch or a perfume? :slight_smile: