1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing out?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gibson234, Oct 24, 2013.

1. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sometimes I think I've missed out on teenage dating. I know 18 is techniquely teenaged but still. Most people can say that they had there first kiss at 12 and etc. And I can't. I never and still have gotten now where at all with relationship. Not even a hug. It's like i've missed out on something that everyone else went through because I was sad and lonely.

My question is did I miss much or is being a teenager and dating rubbish ?

2. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I feel the same way. Especially since I didn't get to go through my teenage years as the proper gender. :\ I was homeschooling, wasn't involved in the RL queer community.

But you know what? We're queer. And I'd like to think for a good percentage of queer teens/young adults, a lot of us do miss out on a lot of those early dating experiences. Especially if you don't have the means to meet people of a compatible orientation or you're still trying to figure things out.

Regardless of whether it's overrated or not, you still have a chance to get your start. :slight_smile:

3. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I missed out on a lot as well. All I have for experience is my first kiss that's it. It sucks but ehh it's whatever I don't see anything wrong with being 18 and having no experience I just hope we don't become more prone to heart break. I also like to think someone would appreciate what we have to offer.

4. leer

would you have been ready for dating and stuff when you were younger? i was 17 before I did anything I dont think you missed out on that much TBH .

5. DrkRayne

I did too. I started dating at 21. lol.
    But its okay...its still fun and remember...we also missed out on that teenage heartbreak.

6. elel

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel like dating in high school is overrated. I hated high school. I hated the people in it. Any time I ended up meeting a lesbian or a bisexual student, I would either dislike her or she would end up leaving. So I was a closeted bisexual unpopular girl all throughout high school.
    And when i was 15, I felt lucky enough to get my first boyfriend. Of course, my low self-esteem made it easy for him to take advantage of me and pressure me into having sex with him. So I had sex with him, and then he dumped me a few days later. Yeah, I had a horrible first time. It was gross. I hated looking at him naked. And he broke my heart. Well, ok, he broke my heart at the time. I was 15.
    I got a boyfriend when I was 17, but frankly, I didn't like him that much. It didn't last long.
    Point is, I kind of view dating in high school as overrated. I don't think people who don't date in high school necessarily miss out. Especially in my case, I don't feel like I missed out by not dating women. It probably would have ended like most high school relationships.

7. drewf91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know many gay people honestly I only know one in my life. I never did while i was a teenager (i'm only 20 now) I never had a relationship, kiss or any form of intimacy and I do sometimes feel a bit down about that but it is what it is. Although it has kind of set the stage for this worry that I'm never going to wind up with a long term relationship but...
    we're young!

8. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I haven´t dated as such. I was 17 when I got my fist kiss and spend nearly 2 weeks with him right away. Then we were seperated a couple of weeks until he moved in...

I really thought I would never meet a nice guy... We´ve been together for nearly a year now...

9. bipoly

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I know for me it was overrated, at the timed it seemed great at times but looking back, I could have skipped most of it.

10. Hrantou

To me dating in high school and the younger years is so stupid anyway. After watching my friends go through one break up after another over the STUPIDEST of things, and watching all them go through all this sh*t, I'm glad I was single in high school.

11. MichaelB

I think it's actually kinda the norm for LGBT people not to date much during their teenage years.

Atleast that's what I keep telling myself, lol. I've had the cliche 1 or 2 girlfriends, but nothing even remotely serious. I've barely had even a wiggle of interest from anyone. I've concluded three things; I'm either ugly, a twat or LGBT simply date later haha.

Being the eternal optimist that I am, I went with the LGBT thing. :lol: