1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revelations from last night's meeting

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AwesomGaytheist, Oct 24, 2013.

1. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So last night, I decided I'd take a break and go to the Outspoken meeting. Thankfully my boyfriend was feeling well enough to come as he's not feeling too hot, and I think I've gotten it from him. I woke up this afternoon and feel like complete and total shit. Guess I'll have to get the notes for my geography class off the website, huh?

Anyway, the topic last night was "All About Asexuality," and I learned a lot, even about myself. We broke off into small groups and talked about the stereotypes of asexuals and asexuality, and they asked if there was anyone in the group that had any personal stories. I'd raised my hand and said, "There was a time when I thought I was asexual because I wasn't like every other guy where they're horny 24/7. I identify as gay because I like men and I don't like women, but I'm not as sexual as most other guys my age are. I want to make love, not have sex."

One of the higher-ups in the group put his hand on my shoulder and said, "You might be a bit demisexual. You can have one sexual orientation and a different romantic orientation."

I never knew that. And when I had mentioned that I don't fit the stereotypical gay guy and my boyfriend chimed in that I fit the perfect bear model, Max handed me a bear pride wristband.

[​IMG]

2. ScatteredEarth

Heh, this thread hits pretty close to home for me, seeing as both I and my partner fit on the Asexual scale, him more-so than I, but I had come a long way from my understanding of Asexuality at first. I'd take the time to really think about it, if you are, then you are.. But if you're not, then you just aren't. Just remember that a title doesn't change your perception and attitude towards the world around you :slight_smile:

Edit: Haven't you noticed my Orientation to say Biromantic Demisexual? Think you should've guessed from that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. GingerGuy

The bear pride bracelet made me smile :slight_smile:

Considering my bouts of horniness in the past years, I'm pretty sure I'm not asexual though.