1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've realized..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by crimsonarcher, Jun 6, 2008.

1. crimsonarcher

I've always known that problems existed, but ever since I joined EC last year, I've begun to notice that there are so many problems plaguing verybody around the globe; makes me wonder, why do peopl suffer? I don't knwo why. but like, why does all this happen?
    I don't notice it, but every single person i know has had or has some trouble with something, showing that peace can never be achieved. Wow, just my thoughts getting to me. Can anyone gain complete happiness as a human being?

:slight_smile:

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well the answer to that is no because without suffering we would not know what happiness was. Right?

3. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

That's a very good point. The suffering is needed to make the good parts seem EVEN better, just don't get too down. There is alot of suffering, but if you look there is also a hell of alot of happiness too :slight_smile:

4. Jeimuzu

Exactly. Suffering is the harshest, most unpleasant, and most effective teacher in the world. It teaches us to appreciate what we have. It teaches us how to survive through whatever life throws at us. It teaches us to be bigger, better people.

5. Étoile

Because if world peace was to happen, Earth would explode. :icon_wink

I don't know why we have to suffer to achieve happiness, then turn right around and do the same thing over and over again throughout our whole lives. Probably to give us a sense of worth. Life would be pointless if we didn't have to work for anything.

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Life IS problems.

More accurately, life is you handling problems. You work on a problem, maybe you solve it, maybe it goes away...to be replaced with another one. Some people have huge problems, others have tiny problems. Some have tons, others have a few. And a small problem is a big problem when it's the only one you got. Which is why those teenagers on Sweet 16 can be so melodramatic about the color of their Mercedes - that's their only problem. :slight_smile:

This isn't meant to weigh you down. Dealing with problems is how we fill the time between birth and death. It IS what life is all about. Anyone going through life expecting tomorrow to be problem-free has a lifetime of disappointment in store. All you can ask is that your problems change, and that your problems are handleable. They almost always do, and they almost always are. :slight_smile:

Lex