1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sometimes I wonder if I am just not meant to be happy

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beware Of You, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

Life is never straight forward, there is always someone who ruins it for me or something. I sometimes wonder if I am just meant to be unhappy.

2. Hexagon

You aren't meant to be anything. Destiny doesn't have anything waiting for you because destiny doesn't exist. I don't think there is much wisdom in that, because it rarely changes anything, and it doesn't make anyone's life suddenly better. But for what its worth, your past doesn't dictate your future unless you let it.

I'm sorry you're feeling like shit (*hug*).

3. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just focus on the present.

4. Thursby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The best advice I can give here is from a book I read that literally changed my viewpoint on life. You should give the book a try its amazing:

“People tend to think that happiness is a stroke of luck, something that will descend like fine weather if you're fortunate. But happiness is the result of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it. You must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it.”
    ― Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love

5. mvjp

we all feel like that at times but things do get better they havent particularly for me yet but i remain hopeful lets stay strong together?

6. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    True. And that's not a bad thing. It's what brings us the crappy things in life but also the things that are interesting, fun, and unexpected.

7. tex st

tex st Guest

Thursby's quote is right. Happiness is proactive work!

8. GayNerd

Even though life seems bleak right now, just remember that you have to keep your head held up high. Things will get better. You'll just have to know it, and it will come.

If you ever want/need to talk, I'm here.

9. Californiacoast

Read "The Four Agreements" for fresh perspective. One of them is "don't take anything personally" Practice that for one week and you will begin to find happiness...gauranteed!