1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gambling [euro 08]

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jayy237, Jun 6, 2008.

1. jayy237

ok so i'm quite an avid gambler and, belonging in a circle of uni friends who egg each other all on to do stupid stuff, i have put a total of £140 (with £10 still on my account left to put on) on the european champions starting tommorow. in total my group of friends (8 of us) have put £1200 on the tornament

firstly, i realise how ridiculous this is so don't lecture me on that :grin: i don't gamble on stuff that i don't really knwo about, and the only reason i decided to for this is because england aren't in it and this adds MASSIVE interest to every game for me

although now i have massive reservations about my bet and im nervous as fuck

has anyone else bet on this at all? anyone want to share tips or predictions?

ps. i promise that i will not bet any more

2. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

Who are you going for?? Personally.. as a United fan I have to go for Portugal, Cristiano Ronaldo is an amazing player.. I just hope he isn't stupid and goes to Real next year :dry::dry:

Anyway.. I haven't got a bet, but I think it's between Portugal, France, Spain or maybe Germany, but I'm going for Portugal.. just out of interest which club do you support??

3. jayy237

i support cardiff city, if i follow a team i the premiership it would be liverpool

i have a 25/1 £12 bet on portragul winning and ronaldo being top scorer, because i figured if portragul do win it, ronaldo is likely to be top scorer

most of my other bets are accumulative ones that rely on certain teams having certain types of tornaments...mainly portragul, germany, spain and croatia doing very well, and austria and romania doing very badly

and ballack at top goalscorer 33/1 :grin: i just love those odds so much, definately worth a fiver

putting bets aside...i think the likely winner will be spain, france or portragul...i don't know why everyone fancies germany so much. the dark horses are russia and croatia, possibly czechs depending on how koller and baros do up front

i literally can't wait until this starts. i am going to be a nervous wreck during every single match though :grin::grin:

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My only contact with gambling is to stand behind Pubert at the craps table. As he starts winning, he passes chips back to me. My job is to keep them, and not give them back. :slight_smile: This keeps him from trying to "win back what he's lost" once the tables start turning. It's worked really well - we paid for two trips to Vegas this way. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. jayy237

i paid for my trip across europe by playing poker online when i was :eek: 17

500 quid baby