1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird interviews you've had...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MoyashiAlice, Oct 24, 2013.

1. MoyashiAlice

Today, I went to an interview as I was considering getting two part time jobs. Anyway, the place I was interviewed at had set three other people up during that time. To my surprise they took us all into the back room, and said it was a group interview.

Kinda odd but fine. First they asked us all the basic questions. Then it got kinda weird. The interview was for a bath/soap store so they took out a bottle of their lotion and told us to show how we would sell it a customer by using the person next to us as a model. Then the interviewer said we were supposed to MASSAGE the hand to our 'customer" using the lotion in order to show them the sample. :eek:

So, I ended up getting a hand massage from another interviewee (who I happened to know from school) and giving one to a random young female stranger. Kind of weird...:dry:

Anyone else have a weird interview story?

2. I had to get interviewed prior to being accepted into the school newspaper. They asked me what punctuation mark would you be and what color do you think I should add to the newspaper.

Then I had to prop my feet up to me how I focus and I had to demonstrate my sitting posture.

It was weird, but I got in!

3. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would have walked out of that interview. Sounds annoying.

4. Miss Loopy

I had an interview to basically look after this guy's dog when he went on holiday.

He was a bit of a head case, but I adored him. When he was going on holiday he hinted to me that no-one could look after his dog, I offered and he said I had to attend an interview.

Some of the questions were:
    - How often must you shave the dogs back?
    - What is the maximum number of pats on the head in a day?

I think he was joking, but he gave me £30 at the end of it, which is a lot for a 12 y/o!

5. June Cleaver

I went on a interview for a job back in the 90's that ended with the guy turning into a octopus! Endless phone calls afterward until I finally went on a date with him and he ended-up being a sex first kind of guy. So after the first date he just would not take no for an answer, so I then spent weeks avoiding him. Fineally I did not accept the job when he finally offered it. June

6. Hrantou

Group interviews are standard procedure...but the whole touching the hands and stuff? That's weird. I've never seen a bath store do that...

I was once interviewed for a job at the local Gamestop. I was so excited because if I know anything about anything, its video games. But the guy was very...off and he asked personal questions that had no standing on the job. After refusing to answer them, he said he would call me and of course, he never did. This was back in 2010. I never went back to that Gamestop.

7. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I had to conduct interviews as part of my internship with a probation office when I was still in college, they were introductory interviews done for the court, to help offenders transition into their probation and let them know what they were in for. Usually, we'd be seeing these people for the first time then. A woman had just been placed on our case load, she was a middle-aged woman with a heroin addiction who had just lost custody of her kids but seemed willing to turn her life around, from what I had read in her file. I buzzed her into the office, stood up and shook her hand and I asked her how she was and she said, "Not good, I have a yeast infection." I will never forget it.

8. Foxface

When I interviewed for my internship the doctor walked in and started talking about symptoms after handing me a pad of paper. He said, without looking at the DSM, what is my diagnosis, treatment concerns and treatment approach

that was rough

Foxface

9. BiPenguin

I have experienced many odd interviews and walked out of some due to employers being verbally abusive to me.

10. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My interview for the job that I work at the department store was the weirdest for me.

It was storming that day, so I got all dressed up and ran as fast as I could to my car. Well, at the end of my one lane street, there was a car that had broken down. In order to make it to my interview on time, I had to get soaked helping the guy move his car.

Of course, with my luck, the room was freezing cold. At the end of the interview, the manager felt so bad for me that he gave me some towels. I ended up getting the job though!

11. Tim

Tim

:roflmao:

At least she was honest.

12. Destabilise

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For my first ever part time job I got taken up to the staff room, before even beginning the interview I was told the security code for it, then I sat down and she said "Can you start monday?", told me the pay rate, etc. got me to sign paperwork then after all that and telling me what time to be there for, she did the interview as normal. Very weird if you ask me.

13. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So they took you to a back room and told y'all to massage each other... sounds like my kind of interview!:grin:

14. Exstatic

An interviewer said:

"You still don't have a girlfriend. Is it due to some preferences?"

That really made me so uncomfortable!!!

15. Emulator

Interview as part of a school application -

"Tell me, why are clouds white, and why do they become dark when it's about to rain?"

Perhaps the interviewer was testing general knowledge.

16. Saturn7

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    That's unprofessional as hell. So many idiots get away with stuff just because they can abuse their power. Makes me sick.

17. BiPenguin

I hated it back in my teens when people(relatives for example) kept asking if I had a girlfriend and wanted to know why I didn't, not accepting that I simply did not have any interest in having a loving partner. I've had an employer get angry with me for not being involved in football though.