1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you know that you're "IN LOVE"?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Exstatic, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Exstatic

Just curious on how people's perception or realization when they are in the state of being in love.

From my experience, I know that I'm in love if that person makes me feel happy without him/her doing anything. (Cheezy but freaking true)

2. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    The biggest indicator that i'm in love is if I experience sexual attraction, being that I am demi-sexual.

3. Hrantou

For me love...is just complicated. Love to me is just being very attracted to a person and THEY are also attracted to ME. Throughout my life I've been in "love" with a few guys, but they never felt the same. To me, love is a mutual feeling shared between 2 individuals. Physical attraction means very little to me, so that doesn't factor in for me. To me, it's just a mindset you know?

Love is hard to explain xD

4. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I've only experienced true, romantic love for someone once, and I'm still in love with said person.

It's different to describe, as you just kinda know. If I can confess being in love with someone, fair chance I know. This is after all of the oxytocin wears off, of course. And, I'll usually I'll put their needs before my own, neglecting myself.

Also, identifying as demisexual, if the emotional connection is strong enough, and I start to feel sexual attraction for someone, it's highly likely I'm in love with them.

5. Silver Sparrow

You feel like you can't live without the other person.

6. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Love is really a powerful emotion. It's so strong that you would be willing to run inside a burning building to rescue your loved one just to keep the feeling alive.

7. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When you're always wondering what they're up to, when you always think about them, when even the little things remind you of them, and when you realize how terrifying it would be to lose them.

8. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Isn't that infatuation and not love? I don't like infatuation because it leads to lack of space, then when the thrill of the infatuation does, so does the relationship.

It's better to have genuine love, which may be boring in contrast to infatuation, but at least it lasts longer. It also has less of the crazy ups and downs that are common with being infatuated. Being infatuated sucks because you can only be happy when you're with the person or talking to them, so basically you're devoid of a life outside of your love interest.

9. tulman

My experience has been that love is something you grow in to. It starts as lust and grows in to genuinely caring for that special person and being interested in all aspects of their life. It can get complicated but you're willing to accept it. All the better if you lots in common.

10. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think being in love is feeling sad when that person is no longer in your presence. They are constantly on your mind when you're not with them. They are the first person you think about when you wake up and the last person you think about right before you fall asleep. I think falling in love is a process; for some people it is almost instantaneous, but for others, like myself, it takes some time.

Geez, after reading through the replies, I'm starting to think that I may be demisexual, as well. I'm currently in a relationship with a woman and I love her, but I'm not sure if I'm "in love" with her. I'm so confused because I'm not even sure if I'm physically attracted to her. I guess it is time to do some research!

#10 pinklov3ly, Oct 27, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013