1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really dry skin on face any good products out there that will work for me?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sammy1, Oct 26, 2013.

1. sammy1

So I don't know which category this question falls under but here it is: I have really dry skin especially on my face and I don't know much about facial products like cream and face wash and no idea which ones work so if anyone knows of any good face wash and cream for dry skin let me know! :slight_smile:

2. Saturn7

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I am certainly out of my depth in recommending such products. I use a basic nivea cream when my face gets dry.

What I will say, though, that if you suffer from another condition like asthma, then sometimes the conditions are linked and it may be worth seeing your doctor or trying to see a dermatologist.

All the best! :slight_smile:

3. Thursby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  4. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You might as well go to the doctors. They will tell you everything about how to take care of your skin. That is what I did and I saved so much money.

Save on Zerobase Emollient Cream 500g - UK Next Day Delivery

This cream is very good for the skin.

5. js28

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think the best thing to do is experiment. Try different soaps, face washes, facial tissues, different moisturisers, night creams, etc..

I use a Dove Original Beauty Cream Bar of soap to wash my face in the morning and Nivea Essentials Facial Tissues (fragrance free as some perfumes will dry out the skin) before going to bed. I've tried a few different soaps and cleansers with mixed results.

I moisturise in the morning after bathing with Nivea Light Day Cream (oil free, SPF15). It moisturises without leaving my skin feeling oily.

It's also worth taking a look at your diet. Drink plenty of water and you might need to consider reducing your caffeine and alcohol intake as they can dry out the skin.

6. Xochipilli

I don't know about face wash, but I use Vanicream for my skin. It's good stuff, but I have to blot my face often. No more dry patches though.

7. sammy1

Thanks for all the suggestions guys :slight_smile: hopefully i find one that will work well for me. Has anyone tried this brand called 'simple' (i think thats,what its called if i remember correctly)

8. js28

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I used to use Simple. I found their soaps really dried out my skin and the moisturiser I tried was really oily. My skin wouldn't absorb it at all so I'd be left with patches of dry skin that felt oily, if that makes sense.

But that's just my experience. I know other people who love their products and, from what I remember, they're quite reasonably priced so I think it's worth giving them a try.

9. Just Jess

I usually use plain aloe vera gel, the same stuff you put on sunburns. 90% of the time this is all I need to do. Sometimes it stings if there's any cracks or it's the day after I do laser hair removal.

I would also really recommend not using any of those salicylic acid face cleaners for a while. You really can clean your face and fight acne with just soap and water.

And I know how this sounds, but you really do notice the difference when you use unscented soaps instead of scented ones. Good luck finding unscented pump soap though, I have to go to Amazon.

If it gets really bad, you can use eczema treatments like you would use anywhere else, just if you don't want to break out with acne, after it's had time to soak into your skin, you'll want to get a towel wet and as warm as you can stand it, and leave it on your face for a few seconds. The heat will break up the oil and you can wipe it away. My go-to when my eczema gets bad is the generic version of that Gold Bond lotion.

10. Amerigo

[​IMG]

---------- Post added 27th Oct 2013 at 08:26 PM ----------

i hope this doesn't count as product placement

11. This is a more natural solution. Buy an aloe plant from Home Depot or a supermarket (if they have one). Break off a leaf and you should get a sticky and gooey gel from the inside pulp. Wipe it all over your face and wait for it to dry to the point of it peeling off small rubbery bits. Afterwards, wash it off. Your skin should feel very hydrated.

The best part is that it'll grow back so you're getting a bunch of moisturizing products for the price of one.

Over-the-counter products can have stuff like alcohol, which dries out your face while the aloe treatment is 100% natural.

12. Data

Data Guest

Just be sure that you ARE NOT washing your face too much.

Many people get acne. They figure they'll just wash their face and get rid of the oil. However they wash so much, the body makes EXCESS oil and the acne gets worse.

For dry skin, make sure you don't wash too much for the sake of keeping what little oil you have left.

When my feet get dry, I put vaseline on then a few nights and slip a sock over them. Vaseline helps my chapped lips in winter. It seals in moisture and oil so the skin can rehydrate. I usually apply it after coming out of the shower. I don't know if you'd want vaseline on your face though.

13. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Burt's Bee's Orange Oil Facial Cleanser, I use this and I don't moisturize after, it contains orange oil, although I think it does reccommend you to moisturize.

14. Lipstick Leuger

My sons derm told him to use either Dove or Neutrogenia to wash with, use cool water and pat off gently. My son uses Cerave for his skin. It seems to work but the above are the two that his doc sugested. Good luck!

15. sammy1

Thank you :slight_smile: for body wash I usually use a dove bar soap and I like dove so I might look into their other products. Also I forgot to mention I rarely wash my face because it just gets SOOOO dry and I rarely get pimples it's weird when I do wash with soap or any other products that's when I DO get one or 2 pimples at the most!