1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Single

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by gibson234, Oct 27, 2013.

1. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I heard this a lot from homophobes. Is it true that most gay men die alone? Because from my position now it seems to be true.

2. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm not sure. I know I will be dying alone because dating and having sex with gay men is not permissible within my religion. Whilst I want to have a partner I think I will end up alone.

There is nothing wrong with being single. No big deal. I suppose if your lonely then you should try to do something about it.

3. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There nothing wrong with being single for periods of your life. But there is in being single for the whole of your life. I honestly think you will eventually get to an age where you just need someone to go home to.

Also I guess it's your choice but forcing yourself to be single forever because of religion sounds like bs. You only live (at least of this earth) once.

4. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well I have been single for a very long time. Sometimes I get lonely but most of the time I'm fine and happy. I have a nice caring family and I keep myself busy.

Well I'm just happy. That is all that matters. If I get really depressed with being single then probably I will start dating. :slight_smile:

5. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    F.e I'm not judging you or something. If you happy then it doesn't matter. I just thought you might be one of these people who are like "being gay isn't a sin but the life style is".

6. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know your not judging. I was just trying to say that do whatever you want as long as your happy.

As for your topic I wonder why people think being single equates to being gay. I'm from a different cultural background and being single is not seen as an odd thing.

#6 MrAllMonday, Oct 27, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  7. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess it would be true for those who decide not to accept their sexuality, and honestly, my uncle would fit the category. He's been single his entire life; I've literally never known him to ever have a girlfriend or date a woman. However, I guess it is his choice and if he's happy then I'm happy for him. I surely couldn't imagine not having someone to love, kiss, hold and touch. I need/want the companionship of a woman to make me feel whole. I mean, I've been single before and while it has its benefits, there's nothing, like loving/being with someone.

#7 pinklov3ly, Oct 27, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  8. Hrantou

Depends on the person. Do people die alone? Yes, it does happen. Although very rare, and its not just gay people. HUMANS can die alone. But again, it depends on many things.

For one, if you are convinced that you will die alone and give up, then you increase your chances of being alone for a long time. It all depends on the mind set. Don't tell yourself that you are ment to be alone and that you aren't good enough, because without even knowing it you are subtlety working towards that goal.

What it comes down to is this: If you choose it, then it will most likely happen. However, if you instead have a positive outlook and work towards goals in your life, then good things do happen :slight_smile:

My 2 cents.

9. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    How do you know your uncle fits that category? Is it not possible for him to accept his sexuality and simply choose to be single?

10. KazTastic

I disagree. With a decent network of friends, a bunch of hobbies, and a job you love, as well as the skills to be independent and self-sufficient, anyone can be happy when they're single.

It's just a matter of distracting yourself from that needy "damsel-in-distress" voice that tells you that being single is the worst thing that can ever happen to someone.

If you need sexual release, you can always just fap.