1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fiction Story-Park Bench In the Spring

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Trumpetplyer23, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Trumpetplyer23

Well, couldn't sleep last night guys and I had a burst of creativity. This is what came out. Tell me what you think, constructive criticism is appreciated. Here we go:

"Your hands are soft, Hailey, like a well-oiled softball glove." Jerrica Miyers said to her girlfried. Hailey's hands had a good reason to be soft. She was a softball player and she oiled her glove every week, to keep it soft and protected.

"And your hands are soft," Hailey replied, "like silk, Jerrica." Jerrica's hands had a good reason to be soft. She needed soft hands to handle Hailey's oh-so delicate heart or to hold hands, like they were then.

The couple was walking together in the park. Happy that they had found a sunny gap of alone time in a cloudy sky of packed schedules.

They looked good together. Both were tall, five foot seven. Similar in build, slim and muscular. Jerrica had fine dirty blonde hair. Hailey had thick, dark brown hair. They complimented each other perfectly, like salt and pepper or (a bit of a stretch here) Prince and Apollonia.

"So, Jerr, how's band. Work on any new songs for marching band season?" Hailey asked calling Jerrica by the pet name she had given her when they first started dating five months ago.

"Yeah, I just wish people would play in the right key signature. Annoys me to death. How's softball going? Sorry I missed your game on Monday, some stuff with the parental units came up." Jerrica inquired. They paused to sit on a wooden park bench in the middle of the park.

"It's going good. Our pitcher finally found her groove. Hey, about the Monday game, you come to all the other home games, don't get yourself down for missing one because of the parental units." Hailey answered, placing her hand on Jerrica's leg, just above her knee.

Jerrica looked Hailey in her light, spring green eyes and smiled. No one else in this world made Jerrica quite as happy as she did.

Jerrica slid her arm around Hailey, who proceeded to move in closer to Jerrica. The day was hot, hot enough for shorts and t-shirts. Yet, the heat did not stop them sitting close like that.

Moments like this, Jerrica thought stroking Hailey's long hair, are wht make me believe true love really exists.

Hailey looked into Jerrica's blue eyes and smiled. Love was hard to come by, especially in this world. She was lucky enough to have found someone who loved her, the way she loved them.

"What?" Jerrica asked, afraid she messed up. Fear of making istakes in this relationship always weighed heavy on Jerrica's mind.

"Nothing, I just love the color of your eyes, Jerr. I love looking at you, too. You're just so hot." Hailey said, attempting to end Jerrica's fear of making mistakes.

"You think I'm hot?! Puh-lease! You're obviously hotter." Jerrica replied, she felt a warm blush move into her checks. She never felt hot, not once in her life.

"Come off it! You're so hot, you make the sun look like Antartica." Hailey responded, playfully nudging Jerrica's arm.

"Okay. Just don't argue with me when I say you're sexy." Jerrica countered, telling the truth. She couldn't keep her eyes off of Hailey when she walked. Nor when she played softball in those shorty-shorts.

"fine then, I'll accept the title of 'the Sexy One' if and only if you accept the titel of 'the Hot One.'" Hailey said, setting the ultimatium of the conversation.

"Okay, okay, you win," Jerrica said, her hands held up in mock surrender, "I'm 'the Hot One' and you're 'the Sexy One.'" By now, both girls had stifled their laughter.

"I think we should get signs made. Mine'll say 'the Sexy One' and yours'll say 'the Hot One'. Kind of like Thing One and Thing Two." Hailey said, laughter then bursted out of both.

"Okay, then, 'the Sexy One' why don't you give me a sexy kiss?" Jerrica asked boldy when she recovered from her laughing fit.

"Okay, then, 'the Hot One', only if you promsie your kiss will be hot like you." Hailey responded, upping the ante a little. A mischevious smirk, that Jerrica loved so much, found it's way onto Hailey's face.

"I promise, scouts honor." Jerrica whispered into Hailey's ear. They kissed, and everything they had promised the other, came true.

The End

2. jazzrawr

Awe!!!!!!! :grin:
    this is adorable!!!
    i love it!!!!
    eee!!!
    ^.^
    very well done. :slight_smile:

3. musicgirl112233

Awww! That was good.

4. Poring

finally had the time to read it

Yeah, I agree, its a cute story. Though I may have not have related that much since I'm a guy, but still, love is still love ;D

5. Trumpetplyer23

Thanks for the compliments guys. Rarely ever do I write short stories. They usually turn into 200 chapter epics.

6. panda

Loved it:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: