1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attracted to a person not gender?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Case, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Case

Currently DE. Also, FL, NV, AL and California!
    So, I've been coming to this realization. I don't think I'm bi or a lesbian, but rather a person who is attracted to another persons personality. Is there a specific term for that since the world is really into labels(!)

I was raised to think that girls like guys and vice verse. I was never exposed to the LGBT community until high school and then college. The more I learn the more I question my own sexuality because I have been attracted to other women throughout my life. However, I have been attracted to men, but I don't think I'm bi. I have realized that I have actually been attracted to the person not the gender. I like the personality/character/ or sole of a person.

2. Saturn7

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    If there isn't, I'd like to propose one.

'Human'.

If people were truly like this, there'd be so much less crap going around.

Great post.

3. Twinkletoes81xx

I feel that way when it comes to attraction and I identify as pansexual. That means I'm attracted to people regardless of their gender and it just doesn't have anything to do with why I like them. Some people confuse this with bisexual but bi means two and pan means all and you can be attracted to someone who identifies as male, female, both, neither or anywhere in between. It could be possible that you are pansexual but whatever label you think you are, make sure you feel it fits right. I hope this helps. <3 :slight_smile:

4. Case

Currently DE. Also, FL, NV, AL and California!
    True dat'.

That actually really does help. I think I'm going to look into seeing if I am pansexual. I will have to learn more about pansexual identification. I will make sure I know for sure if it fits me. Thank you :thumbsup:

5. srslywtf

Some people differentiate romance/sex - eg, a biromantic heterosexual. Thats not quite what youre getting at though.

I was confused for years until recently i realised - i just love my friends as much as any partner i might have. So just because i love someone, doesnt mean they should be my partner.

Im also an only child which i think can confuse things, as alot of people apply 'brotherly/sisterly" love to their friends, which is (generally) love without sexual attraction. As far as i can tell - im sure i dont properly understand it because ive never experienced it.

Im gay sexually - im sure i could get off to a girl, but i have no drive to. But i love all my friends unconditionally and fully. I dont really do 'strengths' of friendship.. if i am comfortable enough to open up to someone (which is very hard for me), they are my fullon friend and i will do absolutely anything for them.

6. 2112

Isn't that pansexual? Or maybe panromantic?

7. Hexagon

Pansexual

8. Saturn7

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Oh really?

Sounds like you get it to me. Just my opinion.

^_^

9. arcchi

Same here!
    I never liked someone seriously before really meet their personalities. I can like both, girl or boy, since i fell matching with their personalities.

Label yourself is just necessary if you want, if you dont just dont do it.

10. Ruthven

I'm kinda the same. Though, I can get some attraction just initially seeing someone on sight. But I get really more attracted once I start seeing more of a guy's behaviour/personality and everything.

11. BiPenguin

Pansexual. You're one of me. :icon_bigg