1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think sexuality is fluid?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChromeNerd, Oct 29, 2013.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I think it's fluid for some people, but not everyone.

2. Hexagon

It has the potential to be. Not everyone's is. Mine is fluid in the sense that I used to be asexual, and am now pansexual, but it doesn't change from day to day at all.

3. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To give a flat out no is wrong since people are different, but I believe for most people, myself included, sexuality is not fluid.

4. June Cleaver

For straight men the answer has to be yes 9 out of 10. Because 9 out of 10 seem to have no problem with having some sort of sexual contact with me and that has been my whole adult life. The 1 out of 10 I have often wondered if they are the gay ones, but I know some of that 10% are guys I know are happily married, or too old, or I have heard the equipment is not working. June

5. tulman

Mine has always been fluid. Started having sex with guys as an adolescent, years before I was ever with a girl and have been with men all my life. Always found them more exciting and desirable than women.. But got married at 21, had kids by 23. Still married and will be until "death do us part". Women are nice to look at but haven't had sex with one since the early 90s and no desire to. Used to call myself bi but now consider myself a K5. If I weren't married I'd call myself a K6. That sounds like a life time of fluidity to me.

6. DrkRayne

Not usually no. I think it can be...but for most people that fluidity is only a very small percentage...I mean can't imagine Jay-Z or Beyonce ever switching teams...no matter how much i want Beyonce too (hehe)

I know straight women who have fooled around...but its never going to go anywhere because they like men.
    I could never be with a man, but I will admit i've found a man attractive once..thought I dont think it was sexual...so who knows. But I think not.

7. Commenza

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I believe sexuality is fluid.... for some it is more so than for others.

Also, I think that if people were more open-minded (I'm mainly talking about straight people here) and would take into account the possibility of sexuality being fluid, there would be a lot more people who'd "discover" same sex attraction. Some may be in denial without even knowing it.

8. Res

Res

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I know that it is fluid for women (including mtf). Studies have been done, and have proven this.

I'm not sure about men (including ftm) though... I think theirs is less fluid than us.

9. GirlWhoWaited

Yeah, I do. I think it fluctuates more for some people than others, but no one likes exactly the same thing forever.

10. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    And how would you know if it is or isn't for "most people"?

OP: It has the potential to be, but to say that it's the case for everyone would be misleading, since there's no way to measure this in precise figures, and there are those who say it doesn't apply to them, anyway.

11. Niko

For some people yeah. Like mine, I thought I was pretty sexual going through my teenage years, but now that my hormones have settled down the thought of sex or any sexual act is repulsive to me. I don't really want to label myself asexual or anything though, because I'm not sure if it'll change again at some point.

12. elel

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me, it is. I used to be attracted to men and women. I used to want to date someone(guy or woman). Then I had no interest at all in dating, and stopped thinking about sex. Then recently, I began to wonder if I was a lesbian and if I was losing my attraction to men.

13. Cerith23

I've answered this question somewhere before (maybe I even posted it?). I know that sexuality is fluid for some people, as I myself have experienced it. I know this isn't some figment of my imagination. I also think it is likely women are more fluid than men (why, I don't know). I believe sexual fluidity does exist, but to different extents in different people - in some people it is noticeable, and in others it isn't. Some people may have little or no sexual fluidity.