1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to grow facial hair

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Thursby, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Thursby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I've basically scoured the internet and haven't found a definitive answer on this topic. I very much want to grow facial hair because I think I would look good with it. The problem is it doesn't grow evenly or full enough. I have tried shaving everyday, and while it grows back thicker, it isn't enough. I'm wondering if it is even possible to achieve this now or If I just have to wait until it starts growing more on its own as I get older. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

2. js28

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Maybe you could let it grow out for a while?

3. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You let it grow? That is the only way I know to let facial hair grow.

4. Data

Data Guest

I don't think there IS a way.

Hair grows when it grows. If there was an easy way to grow hair on demand, there wouldn't be bald men. You have to have transplant surgery to make hair in places that it won't grow.

Time is the only way.

5. Reddy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Have to agree with the above. It wasn't until I was about thirty that I was able to grow a decent amount of facial hair. Otherwise it was patchy, espescially along the jawline. I found that letting it grow to a certain point every so often, say for a week or so, and then shaving it, may have helped...

But then, I have found that my general overall hairiness has increased in the last five years or so, especially on the chest, and, er, the "treasure trail"...

6. Saturn7

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    It's different for every person.

Like so many aspects of us, there are no hard and fast rules.

I had nowt but bum fluff for the majority of my late teen years.

It wasn't until I was about 23-25 that I managed to get hair growth that could be classed as a beard.

Interestingly, one of my brothers who's older than me still doesn't get even growth.

I think I'm safe in saying that shaving (with razors etc) does encourage hair growth. So keep at it.

I also altered the style of my beard to match the parts of my face I got growth.

And also to remain fashionable and ahead of the times. *puts in monocle*

I think standing in front of the mirror and straining will only lead to an involuntary bowel movement.

7. Awkward Balloon

Well I think it's just certain people naturally grow more than others.
    Personally, I grow a lot for my age and shave once a week.

8. Hrantou

Yeah it just grows. You can't really control it. I feel like if we did, a lot of personal hygiene issues would go away. :lol:

I have a problem with it growing too much. I have to shave every day if not every other day otherwise I look shaggy.

9. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could always do what the Boston Red Sox did, and go to a costume shop, and get a bunch of cheap-looking lumberjack beards, and try glueing 'em on.

But in all seriousness, I think it's just a matter of time. Trim the longer hairs to even it out, as it grows in, and be patient!

10. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It doesn't really grow back thicker after you shave (it might seem slightly thicker because the ends are blunt, but the number hairs doesn't change). Also, a lot of it depends on genetics. What works for me is letting it grow but keeping it trimmed so that some areas that have less hair can get a chance to grow out. My hair is curly, so I can't let it grow too long without the tips starting to touch my skin and make the beard really itchy.

11. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You strain really hard like the vikings in that CapitalOne commercial. What, not everybody does this for their beard?

12. justjade

Hey, if it worked for me, I'd do it! :lol:

But really, I don't know. I shave my face, but my facial hair doesn't come in thick because I'm not a bio-male or on T. I've noticed, though, that for some guys, it just comes in patchy. I knew a guy once that could only grow it on his cheeks, which was pretty weird.

I suggest creating the illusion of more facial hair, although I'm not sure how to do that as I've never tried it myself. Or maybe just find a style that looks good with what you have. Good luck! :smilewave

13. Zac

Zac

*shrugs* I've been shaving my face since I was 13