1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When Girls Try to Talk About Guys, or Vice Versa

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by spockbach, Oct 29, 2013.

1. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My history teacher is famous around my college campus for being a chick magnet. I can see that he's really handsome, but because I'm not attracted to men, I don't feel anything more than admiration for him. A lot of the girls tease me about thinking he's cute, even though I've told a couple of them that I'm gay. It's not hurtful, but it makes me feel decidedly "other". Do any of you find this uncomfortable? Does it make you feel like something of an outsider?

2. Saturn7

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Honestly, I think it's more weird that everyone MUST like the same person.
    Regardless of orientation.

A lot of the lads at school thought I was weird for not really expressing an interest in celebrities. I thought they were all bizarre for doing/saying anything to fit in.

That's just who I am and my perspective.

I say go your own way. We have enough sheep. :slight_smile:

3. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I find it annoying when I'm hanging out with my friends and their constantly talking about guys and I'm just there like "I like turtles."

4. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I find it really awkward. I have guys talking about how hot women are. They talk about the boobs, the part between their legs and so on. Sometimes they expect me to like women the way they do and I just have to play along. It is so awkward. I just want everyone to get struck by lightening so I can leave the situation.

5. Aussir

This... people nowadays just expect everyone to jump into bandwagons...

person A: "He's SOOOOOOOOO CUTEEEEEE!!!"
    Persons B, C, D, E, etc (even if they hate the guy): OH, I think so too! He's so great!!!
    Me: What about him? Just another guy and a pretty idiotic one at that...
    Other persons: :icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::jawdrop: HOW can you NOT LIKE him?!!!!!111ONEONEELEVEN!!1

:bang:

I'm not really the type of person to feign interest in something I don't like. The people that know me, know that I banter a lot, be it with males or females and will talk about both without and issue... so... heh...

#5 Aussir, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  6. Silver Sparrow

It can kind of annoy me, mostly when there is more worthwile and interesting stuff to talk about (although that might just be my need for deep conversation as an introvert showing).

7. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Introverts unite! Same here.

---------- Post added 29th Oct 2013 at 07:55 PM ----------

omg too perfect

---------- Post added 29th Oct 2013 at 07:56 PM ----------

And thanks, guys, for all the answers. Sooooo good to know I'm not alone. God, I feel so weird! But I guess we do have enough sheep ... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm bi and it even bugs me! Because people assume that it's JUST guys I'll be interested in. If I've already come out to them, it's irritating. If I haven't, I'm more irritated with myself for not saying anything.

9. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well, I couldn't, because my younger brother was around and I think my mom doesn't want him to know. :/

10. Thedistra

I just start talking about girls if I feel the person is doing it just to bug me, then I get a laugh when they get uncomfortable.

11. justjade

It's awkward for me when anyone around me is having a conversation about anything.

That aside, I'm not really out as trans, so I just look like a straight, boyish female. However, I don't enjoy talking about hot guys at length. Like, "Yeah, he's hot. What of it? Don't you have stuff to go do somewhere else or something?"

I just hate the way girls talk about guys. I'm not even sure what it is about it that bothers me, but it's not that I don't like guys, that's for damn sure.

12. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes and no...

Being female bodied, talking about guys is fairly normal. I could fawn over guys as much as I wanted to (which I'll admit, isn't much). But I find the whole thing awkward too because there's a little voice in the back of my head that goes "if you looked the way you feel, nobody would ask you how hot you think that guy is". Which is true. It kind of sucks to think that as I transition, looking at guys is going to be weird, and any comments I make about attractive girls will be misconstrued as sexual interest. Oddly enough, talking about girls now is never met with any negative feedback.

13. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I find excessive sexual talk annoying, regardless if it's about men or women. I don't surround myself with people like that, but on the rare occasion that I go to a party or something and sex predominates the conversation, I block them out.

I've been this way ever since I was a kid. Your situation wasn't as dreadful as mine and it actually is pretty minor if you think about it. I was pressured into having ex with some random girl I barely knew ten years ago and we came close to copulating at the park, but I couldn't do it, so I begged her not to tell because naturally my friends would say I was gay.

14. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    It makes me feel pretty uncomfortable when people talk about boys with me. It's also annoying when people think I like a guy just because I look at him or chat with him.
    I don't feel comfortable talking about girls either.

15. Awkward Balloon

As someone from the younger-ish generation, I experience this regularly. Sex/Attraction has become extremely relevant in the lives of teenagers in the present day. People feel pressured into having an opinion on everyone's appearance.
    For me, I'm not bothered much by it. I'll happily contribute to any conversation about guys or girls, and I enjoy voicing my opinion on guys I like. Also, I don't conform usually and if there's a guy I'm expected to like, I have no problem telling my friends otherwise.

Also, when my straight guy friends are discussing girls, they usually make an effort to include me in the conversation by bringing up any guy they can think of.

16. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your friends are awesome :slight_smile:

17. sammy1

Haha :slight_smile: same here!