1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When all the queers revealed themselves...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Adder, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Adder

Ok here's a story I've been wanting to share with you lot for a while now.

We were all sitting in the school sports hall waiting for our PE (gym if your across the pond) teacher to start the lesson. There's an equipment room at the side of the hall and there were some people messing around in there and the teacher very casually said (completely innocently and totally unaware of any connotations) "Will you boys hurry up and come out of the closet" . Instantly all of the slightly camp boys began laughing uncontrolably (including me I must confess (although I'm not too camp :wink: )) and it took several seconds for the rest of the class to suss out what the joke was and even then they didn't find it nearly as funny as we did.

I exchanged some glances after the laughing fit and noticed some rather guilty expressions.

Best thing is most of them were on my gaydar anyway, so that's 500 gay points to me!

Just wanted to know has anyone had any simillar experiences when people had inadvertently revealed themselves to you (or you to others) also do you believe in gaydar and how good is yours?

2. Techno Kid

That's a great story! :grin:
    and I'm sorry to say that nothing like that has happened to be. haha

3. Mr Bubbles

Nothing like that has happened to me. That's really awesome though!

As far as my gaydar goes, well let me put it this way; anything short of flat out telling me your gay, I won't even pick up on. T_T

4. dsbiodude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Kind of. A few months ago,I came out at a friend's birthday party. There was a kid who didn't seem surprised and was slightly smiling. Then when we went to bed, he weirdly snuggled up on me then calmly went to bed, away from me as if nothing happened. I still don't know if he was joking or trying to hint at something.

5. ViolinGirl8

ViolinGirl8 Guest

Sort of, I guess. So, for English class, we're all writing novels! (I think that it's a lot to expect from middle schoolers, but writing is my passion so I love it.) Anyway, I've decided to be brave (since I'm out to like half the middle school already) and go ahead and write a lesbian romance novel. One of my classmates - she's not really my close friend, so I'm not out to her yet - asked me what I was writing about.

When I told her (but I'm still not out to her), she got this kind of excited smiley look and then said "Oh, I was thinking of doing that too, but then I went with a different idea!" Just the way she said it and her expression seemed like a hint.... Who knows?

I don't think about the idea of a "gaydar" much, but mine sucks for sure.

6. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I have the perfect story for this thread!

This took place at an open mic (an event where poets and musicians can share their work for an audience) that I attend frequently. One of my friends (a straight man) read a poem by Andrea Gibson called the "The Nutritionist". It was all very heartfelt and powerful until he got to this part:

Most of the audience just chuckled at that, but about a half dozen of us, myself included, started laughing loudly and uncontrollably, to the point where even my friend was giving us a look like we were laughing for too long (evidently he didn't realize how funny that was). Of those of us who laughed, the ones whose sexualities I knew were all gay or lesbian or bisexual, so I think it was definitely one of those kinds of moments. :slight_smile:

7. Silver Sparrow

I was sitting with one of my friends and she mentioned she was reading a book by Malinda Lo. I said "it's so nice to see a queer character", and she said "it's really nice to see a character like myself". Then we started ranting about queer representation in pop culture, while everyone else at the table gave us weird looks. It was cool!

8. Naren

How does one gain Gay Points?

9. leer

we had a maybe a sarcastic type of PE teacher he would send some of us to fetch some equipment in the storeroom & if we were taking to long he`d shout out''What yer doing in there bummin'' that usually got a laugh he'd also shout out stuff like come on you puffs if we were getting a bit lazy .