1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flirting and relationships

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MerBear, Oct 29, 2013.

1. MerBear

Okay so I'm in a relationship and i have a tendency to flirt with other girls....Not talking about sexual stuff or touching or anything, like playful flirting ....like flirting but not meaning it

I have a friend Courtney and we joke about how we find each other out and so she will be like "i know you want me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:" and I will be like "i can't help i find you sexually attractive :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:"

but i dont mean it....although she is attractive. i would never sleep with her but we joke like that all the time and i dont know, flirting is nature. i like to do it a lot, its fun but since im in a relationship, i can't do that but i slip up sometimes

is anyone like this? is there a rule about flirting and relationships?

2. Bolin

If you're in a monogamous relationship with someone, then I strongly believe that you have absolutely no right to flirt with another person. I think it's disrespectful to the person you're seeing. Maybe I feel so strongly since that's most likely what happened in my last relationship which led to him leaving me for someone he was talking to behind my back, but meh. >_>

3. MerBear

i dont want anyone else. and i mean, the flirting i do is weird. its not sexual...its just playful and weird like for example

*tackles you with hugs and bites your ear* but sometimes, that might escalate but its not like i meant it, its harmless...to me at least

4. Glalie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't see the harm in it, as long as everybody involved knows that you're not serious. But don't make people uncomfortable, that's not cool. :wink:

5. MerBear

ok hahaha thanks :slight_smile:

6. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't see the problem if it wasn't serious or just like rude. But I'm no expert so...just my two cents :slight_smile:

7. justjade

I don't have a problem with it, as long as everyone involved knows you're not serious. I flirt with people all the time, and I'm married. I am as monogamous as they come (OK, maybe not), but I enjoy flirting. It's just another way to joke and have fun with people in my opinion.

8. castle walls

I don’t think that there is a set rule. It really depends on what works for you and the person that you’re dating. Personally, I wouldn’t care if the person that I’m dating flirts with someone else every so often, especially if it is obviously a joke like the situation that you’re describing with your friend Courtney.

I’ve actually never dated anyone that was bothered by the harmless flirting you’re describing. The way we saw it is that we were secure enough in our relationship to trust each other and know what our real feelings were for each other.

As great as our opinions (people on EC) are, I think what really matters is how your gf feels about it