1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leaving

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by doglover44, Oct 30, 2013.

1. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

thinking about leaving EC cause nothing is helping upset depressed and mersible cant find the courage to come out :icon_sad:

2. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    EC is a support system. It's an ear when you need one. It's an opportunity to give advice and opinions to those who seek them. It's a network. It's friends. You can make your own rules and chart your own course. There's no need to leave. Many here experience depression, including yours truly. If it's of any use to alleviate your anxiety, answer your questions, or make you feel like part of a group, you should stick around!

3. Thursby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Its understandable that an internet forum might not be enough. Coming to terms with one's sexuality and coming out can be a very difficult life experience.

Have you considered talking to a counselor or therapist? They can provide a safe one-on-one environment and help you specifically with things you want to work on. It really does help. We here on EC (while supportive) can only do so much.

#3 Thursby, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  4. LD579

Should you decide to leave, EC will be here if you'd like to return. Regardless, I wish you the best in whatever you decide to do. I will say, though, that if nothing is helping, that's not really a reason to leave. Are you seeing a therapist? That'd likely be the most direct and most helpful.

5. ShadowSpirit26

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You should stick around. There are plenty of people on here who are going through the same things your going through, and who are willing to help and listen. Here you have the opportunity to get help and to help others, and that can be a lot harder to do outside of online, especially if your not out yet. The choice is ultimately yours, but for whatever it's worth (if its even worth anything) I think you should stay. Your chances are much better on here then in many other places, but again, the choice is yours. Good luck.

6. leer

in the end it`s up to you what you decide . but I do agree with tightrope its good to have EC as a support network you don't have to join in with the discussions just having EC as a resource helps .

7. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

I don't wanna go I just feel like I am making progress in coming out

8. tommyj

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe you should set some goals for yourself. You profile says you have out to some. Maybe you need to make a plan to come out to a few more. When you have something to work from. Just a thought that help you make progress.

9. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You don't need to tell people your gay. No big deal. Just live life and have fun.

10. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Coming out should be at your own schedule and not rushed. I knew I was gay when I was only 13-14, and I'm 24 and still in the closet. I could have come out earlier, but there were a lot of circumstances that I couldn't deal with, such as living with my parents.

However, during that time, I came to accept my sexuality as not a "problem" but just something that's part of my identity, but definitely not something that only defines me. I would hate to be seen as just "the gay guy" and ignored for my other traits and interests, so I would only come out to people on a need-to-know basis (though obviously, there will be gossip among certain groups).