1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT buddhist

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TheLovelyAudrey, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Come on
    I know you are in here somewhere! :slight_smile:
    Been practicing Zazen for some weeks now

2. ShadowSpirit26

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Im unsure what to call myself. I am against all religions, because I see them as a power grab and a way of controlling people that brings more harm than good (that's just my opinion though, im not trying to be disrespectful. Im completely tolerant of any and all beliefs as long as it does not cause harm in any way.)

But I do have my own spiritual beliefs (ex: belief in the afterlife, spirits, possibly reincarnation, things along those lines.) But my beliefs tend to lean very much toward several Buddhist beliefs and more eastern views on such subjects, but I don't feel like I could call myself a Buddhist per say. I also tend to believe in a more educated sense than in a purely faith sense. I have been struggling with identifying what to call myself. Does anyone have any ideas about this?

#2 ShadowSpirit26, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  3. Lipstick Leuger

Pick me! Pick me!

I'm one.

4. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My family is full of them!
    Am I one, though? ...Not really.

5. Foxface

I am Buddhist...been practicing for a while now. I don't really have a Buddhist type per se...

Foxface

6. Beware Of You

I practice Buddhist meditation but I am not a Buddhist. I picked it up on a school trip to a temple a few years ago, it helps ground me

7. DatChickBassist

Out Status:
    All but family
    I know there are people who don't like organized religion and don't follow anything in particular. They usually just refer to themselves as spiritual.

8. ShadowSpirit26

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks. I looked into that before, but the only problem is that just like with Buddhism or any other religion really, that can be interpreted into too various an amount of ways. I guess it doesn't really matter what I call myself, I was just hoping that their was an easier way to explain my beliefs to those who ask instead of getting into a long discussion about it. Thanks anyways though.

9. Saint Otaku

I can respect many of the ideas of Buddhism, but it's just not for me :slight_smile: In particular, I find the Unanswered Questions of the Buddha very interesting

10. srslywtf

More or less buddhist here - in terms of the core concepts at least, the dogmatic organised 'religion' versions of buddhism suffers the same issues others do.

I do not believe it is the only path to fulfilmen in life, but i believe its a valid one. I agree with it, but i am not a very good buddhist in practise :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: compassion, mindfulness.. these i can do. Attachment, particularly to the material, is a major problem for me.

11. Miss Loopy

I meditate and consider myself spiritual, but that's as buddhist as I get, haha.