1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little overly romantic...?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MyChemRomance, Nov 1, 2013.

1. MyChemRomance

Every single girl that has a beautiful personality that I get to know, I usually just fall head over heels...when these girls are straight. I mean, I'm not a player or anything, I'm just...too lovey and it's really creeping me out.
    For example, I was a volunteer at a camp (helping the little kids out, leading programs) and I was leading a unit for girls ages 7-8. There was a few more girls leading the unit with me, and one happened to stand out.
    She had colourful bracelets, and a profound fondness for cats. Her camp nickname was Kitty Cat, I just ended up calling her Kitty Kitty, or just Kitty. I met her while planning activities the day before (this was a weeklong day camp, and the kids will spend the night on the last day) when she was reorganising her bracelets. I picked one up and played with it, and we struck up a conversation. Long story short, that day we ended up making animal noises with empty water bottles, annoying the other girls there who were planning.
    Skipping ahead, I asked her on her thoughts about the LGBT community. She said she was fine with it. Later, I told her I was gay but I lied and said I didn't like her. On the last day of camp, we were ready to sleep over, and all the leaders were set to a tent, but the others ended up sleeping inside, so that it was just me and her, plus one other girl.
    I was looking forward to being next to her for the night. BUT (my luck) it ended up going into downpour mode, flooding everything. That night, I ended up breaking down and going home. So much for that.
    Skipping ahead (again) to a few months later, I had gotten her number and we were texting daily. Then, I told her my feelings. She said she didn't like me more than a friend.:tears:
    We still talk, and we're good friends now.
    Am I too romantic/obsessive? What's your stories?

2. Data

Data Guest

That doesn't sound obsessive. I have crushes on straight guys all the time. I just see that I can't have them as a boyfriend so I try to hang out with them as a friend instead. I LIKE them, so I want to BE with them. You know? I just never say how much I love them because they don't need to know and it would probably make things super awkward. I bet some of them know I like them, but since I never say anything they either question it or just ignore it. I don't confront them with it or anything so there's no need for them to get awkward or upset. If they asked I'd tell the truth. They know I'm gay, so if they like me they'll come get some loving voluntarily! :grin:

I think you're fine. Hang out with more gay women so if you get feelings, at least you have a shot. That's what I'm working on.

3. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think you're too obsessive! I think that's a cute story.

Also, I'm pretty sure that's normal behavior. Everyone gets down in the dumps when someone they like doesn't feel the same! Maybe next time you'll find someone who will, and if nothing else, you have a new friend who accepts you. :slight_smile: