1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Share your little moment of happiness!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Aldebaran, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Guest

So...hey! I'm new to this page and decided to start this thread (I'm not sure if there are any similar threads here) because I've been feeling a bit down in the dumps lately, and I decided that it would be neat if I started a thread where we could share our little moments of joy, that you either had with someone (a friend, or your crush, maybe?) or alone (a small victory, perhaps?), so all of us can cheer up a little by remembering those moments or reading those of others.

Sooo...I guess I'll start:

Not so far back, I got to hold hands with my crush (one of my male classmates), and although it only was a class activity I was happy I could hold his hand for quite a few minutes. Even when I told him that my hands sweat, he said it was Ok and kept holding my hand until we finished the activity :slight_smile: (I'm was bit embarrassed because my hand did sweat a lot :icon_redf).

Now it's your turn! Share your little story with us!

2. prism

Welcome to the Sweaty Hands Club. )':

I have three siblings, all of whom I would consider much more intelligent than I am. As one of the middle children, I've always been the competitive underdog. The other day my parents told me that I'm the most responsible and think I will be the most successful child in the long run. I've spent my entire life trying to make my parents proud; all I could do was try to remain stone-faced and cry.

3. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a beautiful cat sitting on my chest. :3

4. GayNerd

My Teddy Bear smells fresh. :grin:

5. Xochipilli

I ate a fried pickle spear for the first time ever today.
    It was really good.

6. Data

Data Guest

:icon_wink

:badgrin:

7. Silver Sparrow

I get to see a show tomorrow night!

8. Xochipilli

:confused:

:lol:

9. biggayguy

They have free manicures here at the nursing home. I wanted to get one but was afraid of what all the women would think of a beary guy getting his nails done. This past week I did it! I was nervous for about five seconds then it just felt natural. She just put clear polish on this time but I'm thinking glitter next time. It felt really good to treat myself.

10. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This past summer my family was having a bbq so all of my brother's and sister's were at our moms house visiting. Well during the bbq I rubbed peanut butter all over my sisters face. After I did that I ran because I knew mys sister was going to get me back; after spending some time hiding I came back out when I thought I was in the clear. As I'm walking back towards the garage all I hear is my sister scream and I look up just in time to see her running towards me full speed with a bucket of water in her hand. Since I was not expecting it I froze and looked like a dear caught in the head lights. After she threw that water at me, we both ran to the water hose and wrestled over it. My sister managed to turn the hose on so we were both just trying to soak each other; since the both of us still had a grip on the hose. My mom was pissed that we soaked each other with the hose because she didn't want me to get sick. Although I was yelled at it was still the best time ever because my sister and I had a lot of fun and the rest of my family got a good laugh watching us two go at it. :lol:

11. Siarad

I booked a room for a meeting yesterday and was told it would be free as we were only using it for an hour!

And I learnt a new trick in Excel!

12. leer

I would have been first in the Que I love manicures .:icon_bigg

13. tulman

When my grand kids say, "I love you".

14. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Guest

Nice to see I got some people sharing their stories :slight_smile: I love cats and I think a manicure would serve me well :wink: And you guys got me interested into trying out a fried pickle, I wonder if they sell those anywhere near where I live...

15. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    the other day in lunch I was talking with my friends about lgbtq stuff and one of the guys mentioned pansexual it felt really good that they actually were including my sexuality as i am usually the one to bring it up

16. musicrebel

I came home from a horrible day of school on Friday and my mom was home. She had baked some muffins. Every year at this time of the season, she makes these really tasty cinnamon muffins that just make my stomach smile. I saw those muffins and it made me grin. We later went grocery shopping and she got me a magazine and some more Vitamin D pills (I take those regularly because I have SAD) and made me dinner when we got home. It made me really happy.

17. The Spark

Whenever I get a letter from my girlfriend (who's currently in a treatment center states away), I feel pretty joyous.

18. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I tried agave-sweetened green tea for the first time yesterday, and have continued to consume it this morning. It's so good.

I received good news from my girlfriend the other day, as she managed to find and apply for a couple photography internships! She's been trying to find work for a while, and the opportunities look promising.

Also, I go back home today... although I do like Sydney, but I've felt somewhat out-of-place here for the past two weeks.

19. Awkward Balloon

During a hurling match this really good looking guy on my team said "Well done" to me. It's such a simple thing but it just made me smile. :slight_smile:

20. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tried on my academy's police uniform yesterday. And damn, did I look good. :grin: