1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NaNoWriMo participants/looking for Writing Buddies?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rin101, Nov 1, 2013.

1. rin101

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey!
    Is anyone here doing NaNoWriMo? This is my fourth year, and I've yet to use it to meet people. What's everyone writing about? What's your word count?

2. GayNerd

Hi.
    I actually made an account a few minutes earlier. And I'm getting my Activation Code.

I've already started writing a Novel about a group of kids trying to bring bad kids to justice.

Book 1 is 8/13 complete. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. rin101

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah, cool! 8/13? Like, 8/13 of 50,000?

4. GayNerd

I mean 8 chapters done out of 13. Or is it about word count? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. rin101

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, NaNoWriMo is supposed to be 50,000 words, since that's what technically counts as a "novel." I think it's 2500-15000 is a short story, 15000-50000 is a novella, and 50000+ is a novel, or something close to that. But it's great that you're that close to being done!

6. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey hey. :slight_smile: I'm doing my third NaNo this year.

Also please do not post your NaNoWriMo username in this thread. It breaks the personal information rules and is grounds for a one-month ban.

7. GayNerd

Interesting. I guess my Book would classify as a novella.

8. Nyanko

That sounds interesting! I haven't heard of it before, but I'll definitely make an account now!

9. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I'm doing it for the first time since 2009. I'm pretty excited about my concept this year! It's about a straight guy who falls in love with a gay guy who is only attracted to him on a physical level, and how they work out their feelings. I don't know my word count yet because I'm still writing, and I want to be surprised when I finish.

10. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

This was going to be my first legitimate Nano novel. No laptop so I'll probably have to handwrite this year.

11. Gen

Gen

I'm not officially doing it, but I do have to write a short novel this month so maybe I'll stop by from time to time and update you all on my extreme procrastination and frantic writing marathons as my deadline approaches. ^_^

Unfortunately, I didn't get too much freedom with my theme for this work because its for an academic submission. (It has to relate back to the general topic of illiteracy). So I have decided to write a work of fiction based off of the mass genocide of the educated and intelligent in Cambodia by the Khmer Rouge. It will actually, probably be very thrilling write, but also quite heavy considering these events were true.

But at some point during this month, we should do writing sprints together. Especially if we find ourselves falling behind on our goals.

12. rin101

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, that'd be cool. I finished once two years ago, with 100,000 words, but that's the only time I've ever done it.
    That sounds really interesting, about Cambodia. I've never had the patience for historical fiction.

13. Gen

Gen

Wow, kudos to you.

And I'm not usually a fan either. Though with this I am only keeping the overall scheme events and get free reign when it comes to the characters and personal experiences, so I suppose if you don't know the historical background it's basically stand alone fiction.

14. Djinn

First experience doing NaNoWriMo.

Looking to get 10,000 words in tonight.

7/10 Bam!

15. GirlWhoWaited

I'm doing it, but I'm slow. I have about 1000 words. Lol. :wink:

16. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Doing NaNoWriMo, and mine is going to be sci-fi.
    Maybe I could do a sci-fi yuri. There is never enough yuri...

17. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I'm up to a grand total of...240 words. :lol: I dunno. Handwriting's not as bad as I thought it'd be. Far from efficient but portable. And there's something about meticulously painting out the words that's kind of soothing.

Mine's LGBT fantasy. Series I've been working on for years but I decided to save it for Nano.

18. ViolinGirl8

ViolinGirl8 Guest

I've written 1,790 words (but I'm planning on writing at least another thousand or two today). I've decided to be brave and write a lesbian fiction despite not being out to all of my class. I'm out to my teacher, and she loves the idea.

I'm 13, so I'm a pretty slow writer. It'll probably take me about 4 (or more) months to complete it.

19. Peach

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yay for creative writing groups! I joined three days ago, it's my first time too this year. So far I have my basic outline typed plus the beginning of my first chapter... when I cheat and count all those words as my 'total', I come up with just over 1,000 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I'm a slow perfectionist who can't resist re-reading every few paragraphs. It's a real problem for me, I have to keep reminding myself: quantity over quality, dammit!
    (I'm even re-reading this comment right now, for the second time)
    If you guys are up for a writing sprint I'm in, but I'm based in Europe so unfortunately we're based in different time zones... hmmm.

20. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've signed up, but I don't really have any story figured out, and will probably just write for the fun of it. I'll aim to be done for the deadline, but if not, it will still be fun to try :slight_smile: