1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite year in high school

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by person57, Nov 1, 2013.

1. person57

I have a question for all of the people that graduated high school. Which year was your favorite year in high school?

2. Ticklish Fish

freshman- didn't know what I was doing
    sophomore- still don't know what I was doing
    junior-had some clues what I'm doing
    senior- regret not knowing what i'm doing earlier in life

conclusion: snippets of each year combined

3. LD579

Grade 9 and 12 for me were both decently... dare I say enjoyable (Here, there are 5 grades in high school, not 4; High school starts in grade 8 and finishes at grade 12).

4. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Freshman year - found some real friends who liked me for me, and I'm talking about personality and quirks. They stuck with me over the years.

Every year in high school went downhill. Senior year was nothing short of awful. I took a lighter load because I had the credits ... to go home earlier. I was naturally a good student, too, so that was too bad. That decision had later ramifications, that's for sure.

---------- Post added 1st Nov 2013 at 09:33 PM ----------

Learn something new every day. I never knew that. I assumed it was similar: 9-12. In the U.S., it can be either 9-12 or 10-12, depending on how the middle school system is set up.

5. LD579

Actually, I'm not 100% certain about it being true for all of Canada, so I edited my post thusly to reflect that. I know in BC that it's 8-12, though.

6. Hiems

Senior year in high school was the best year for sure:

- I loved the senior final exam policy. If you take an AP course and sign up for the AP exam, or if you get a grade ≥ A- in a non-AP course, then you are exempt from the final exam. I took no finals at all due to this policy, which allowed me to relax towards the end of the year.
    - I made more friends during senior year than any other year in high school. I don't get to see them much since they've gone to different universities, but I still hold onto those memories :slight_smile:
    - There was a party for seniors hosted by the school after graduation. I ate a lot of mango water ice, hung out with friends, and won a GPS via raffle ticket. I was so jealous of people who won the PS3's and widescreen TV's D:

7. Foxface

Junior Year - Got my first kiss from a Parisian girl on the observation deck of the Eiffel Tower...good memory and then when I returned home I started dating "T" and followed that through to the end of high school.

My grades picked up again and some other good events took place

Foxface

#7 Foxface, Nov 1, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Junior year. I got my first gf (who I liked a lot while in school at least), was the commander of my JROTC drill team (my favorite leadership position) and generally had a pretty good time. Senior year was fun for some parts too, but that's when it all started to fray at the edges :S

9. Abbra

My senior year was fantastic. I got really involved in theater that year, and just had a blast all the time. I made a ton of new friends, I was writing a novel, I made a movie; I just did so much. I'll admit that it wasn't all that hard, save for a few classes, but it was certainly the most fun year I've had.

10. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    None of them, really. They were boring.

I was pretty lazy in high school and didn't care too much. But now that I'm in college and can study a field I love, I can't get enough of political science. College has been far more interesting, and just better overall for me.

11. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My senior year was the best for me.

12. kibeth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    We also have a grade 8 to 12 system.
    All three my senior years were pretty great.
    Grade 9 really sucked and grade 8 was ok-ish.
    If I had to choose I'd say grade 12, just for the excitement of almost leaving and the freedom of having a license. Although the work load was hectic!

13. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definitely my senior year. It felt so good to be in the "home stretch" of standardized schooling. At the same time I was little bit sad though that it was all coming to an end and I'd have to "grow up" and move onto something new.

14. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    My freshman year, mainly because I got expelled from the regular school and sent to a homebound program, which I only had to go to for two hours per day and never got assigned any homework.

Then after that, it was back to the mundane normal schedule of high school. If it were up to me I would've stayed in homebound for the remainder of my high school education.

15. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Freshman: I was back in public school, in the same district I left in Grade 7. I was back in the social shark tank and was nearly eaten alive.

Sophomore: My anxiety was starting up again. I was getting over a bad relationship then, got into another and dealt with two near tragedies. This was the first time I had considered dropping out.

Junior: The summer before hand, I was in the realization of being trans* and going to school was physically exhausting. I was waking up every day with horrible body aches and I barely survived a normal school day without feeling I was going to pass out from my binder being too tight or having an anxiety attack--out of my fear I had from several nightmares that I get outed and brutally assaulted or murdered. It's a miracle that I even passed since I was barely attending my afternoon classes. I almost dropped out again because my anxiety was too much to handle. I started therapy before my finals. Probably the worst year of my high school days, even with the horrible shit that happened beforehand.

Senior: At this point, I knew if I had to go back to that school; I was going to die. Be it by the hands of someone who finds out or by my own hand-- a constant thought that plagued me since I was a sophomore. I pulled out a day before classes began and transferred to a safe haven--cyber school. I got to be in all the classes I wanted and had I not opted to take the game design classes, I would have graduated in January; but I stuck it out until June. Aside from technical problems, I was nearly at the top of my class--maintaining straight As for a while, something I hadn't done since the 1st grade. Pretty much my finest year aside from the crippling dysphoria and ideation.

16. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Junior year, hands down. I started leaving the bad influences behind, found something I enjoyed doing, and for the first time, looked forward to planning for the future. It's no coincidence this was when I was accepted into a charter program, on a campus that had serious students and teachers, and where we were treated more like adults than children to be monitored. My grades skyrocketed in 2007, pretty much, but because I had done so much damage the years prior, I had to make the tough choice to either re-enlist for another year there, and graduate late, as a "super senior", or make up credits at my old high school, and graduate on time. I chose the latter, and still beat myself up over it today. It was honestly one of the few positives to come out of the whole high school experience.

17. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    -Freshman year: I was content at the time, but looking back it wasn't that great.
    -Sophomore year: Pretty good.
    -Junior year: Horrible. I hated it.
    -Senior year: Amazing. Best year of my life (at that point in my life).

18. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Pretty much this. Things got alright Sr. year, understood they pretty much could have long before and I still regret that but oh well.

19. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    year 10 as that was the one year my friends actually got on and we actually occasionly had fun.

20. prism

Freshman year was awesomeee. I made so many new friends.
    Sophomore year was fun too, but there was that lingering feeling of disgust for having three years of high school left.
    Junior & Senior year were mediocre, mostly because I wasn't a very good student.