1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uncomfortable in change rooms

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChromeNerd, Nov 2, 2013.

1. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    A lot of gay people seem to mention this. I do feel uncomfortable in changing rooms, but I don't think it's related to my sexual orientation.

2. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    I do mainly because of bullies and pedophile stereotypes

3. GayNerd

I do get uncomfortable because I'm used to being alone when changing. I always feel like somebody is watching me... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only reason I like changing rooms is because I get the opportunity to check out other girls, hahah. :grin:

But in all seriousness, I agree with the OP, and I think it's because I'm used to being covered up in public and whatnot. It's nothing to do with my gender/sexuality.

5. Fiddledeedee

I felt uncomfortable in them because I was worried other girls, knowing my sexuality, would be uncomfortable with me in them. I spent a lot of effort making sure that I was never looking at anyone below chin level in any way. Honestly, though, people didn't care as much as I thought they did.

6. Hrantou

I was never uncomfortable...but I was lucky because my gym never *made* us change completely. So I cheated and never got fully naked or shower.

7. Thursby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I get uncomfortable in public restrooms. Those urinals are so damn close....

8. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    This is why I'm glad I'm a girl.

9. musicrebel

Yeah I feel comfortable in changing rooms cuz I'm genderqueer and it feels weird going into a "women's" or "man's" fiitting rooms. Luckily, some places I go to don't have gender-labeled fitting rooms.

10. Awkward Balloon

I feel completely comfortable in them. I just have the constant thought that somebody else might be uncomfortable with me in there... :/

11. lukeluvznicki13

same here xD
    and also I don't wanna get urges at peeking at the other guys and then they awkwardly notice and see me looking.
    I prefer changing by myself and only by myself xD

12. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't want to sound like a pevy but I enjoy them :wink:

13. sparkly glasses

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is exactly how I feel. I'm not super confident about my body either so it really isn't a great experience. I don't live too far from the gym I go to so I usually just changed my trainers when I get there but even then I try to do it as quickly as possible so there's no change anyone else thinks I'm checking them out. I notice other women seem to be doing the same too.

14. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Oh boy, yeah.

I've been hoping to hit the on-campus gym since I tend to have at least a free hour or so daily. But I'm uncomfortable in either changing room (women's would be dysphoric for me, I don't pass well enough to feel safe in men's) so I've avoided it like the plague.

15. blueberrymuffin

I'm on an IM hockey team that knows i'm gay and doesn't seem to mind. After games i'm too exhausted for it to be an issue, and i imagine it's the same for the others. Plus we have to hurry to class, work etc.

16. Emulator

Changing rooms, or any other rooms categorised by gender, are awful to me. I don't know which I should be going to, so I avoid them.

17. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    In school I would change in the stalls, because changing in front of other men repulsed me. Not because of homophobia but because I hate getting stared at. Invariably, before I started changing in the stalls I would catch people (posibly admirers) looking at me and just made me feel gross.

18. C P

C P

I HATE public restrooms with those open urinals. I don't care for using the bathroom in the company of others as it is so I am really uncomfortable when you go to ones at a busy place like a museum or something where there are usually plenty of guys in and out the restrooms. The more attractive they are, the more awkward it is. :l

19. Tzoa

I've only been uncomfortable in one changing room. The changing rooms in Burlington Coat Factory are AWFUL. At least where I am. The door is short, stopping at my shoulders at best. The isle between the rooms is narrow, so I wasn't that far from people changing. And then there were the giant signs saying there was video surveillance watching us change. It kept my clothes on and left the store immediately.

20. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I hate the look of my body, so the thought of others seeing it indecently just frightens me.

I also have a knack for attracting creeps, so that also causes me to feel weird with changing around strangers. In school I evaded the awkwardness by changing in the stalls or by wearing the gym clothes underneath my regular clothes.