1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do You Like How Your Partner Smells?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Data, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Data

Data Guest

That probably sounds like a really weird question, because it is.

What I mean is, when I am fresh and clean out of the shower I smell good. My hair smells good and I love my deodorant. However, after a little bit of time I feel like the smell "matures" a bit. If I get out of the shower and go to class working on engines, the mix of my clean smell plus a little engine exhaust topped off with a little sweat makes the PERFECT scent. It's BETTER then fresh out of the shower!

I only have myself to cuddle with :slight_smile: but what's your opinion on this? If you're cuddling with a partner do you like them fresh out of the shower, a little "mature" like I described, or possibly even RIPE? :grin:

Like I said, it's an odd question.:lol:

2. Sully

I'm not with anyone so I don't know about a partners scent but I'm personally VERY, VERY conscious of how I smell. I almost always carry deodorant/cologne, I'm always clean when I leave the house etc etc.

It really perplexes me when friends smell bad, I don't just mean BO, but a really gross dirty, unwashed butt smell, and they're not at all aware of it. I don't get it.

3. SilentCreatures

There is something I like about my partner. His scent is powerful - powerful not meaning potent, powerful as in it brings out such good feelings in me.

Yes I find it sexually attractive too. Also when he is away I find myself hugging his pillow at night. The smell is comforting.

4. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This thread made me smile Haha! My partner is a builder so he constantly comes home from work covered in dust and debris of all varieties. He always says "don't come near me until I've had a shower" because he's convinced he smells but he actually doesn't. He just smells like his usual clean deodorised self! However, fresh out of the shower is always better!

5. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't have an acute sense of smell, because I have an untreated deviated septum, leaving my nose chronically stuffed. But I can't say that I enjoy the smell of someone's odor.Having a clogged nose, and a diminished sense of smell doesn't mean I'm immune to body odor.

I kinda dated this girl I met at the used bookstore, and she was pretty, likable, caring, smart, and so on. But she never showered! It got so bad that my mom even started to grouse about it, saying that even after she was gone there was a sick stench leftover.

Less extreme than her, I've had friends who forget to wear deodorant, and even my bad sense of smell doesn't do much to prevent their odor from affecting me. It befuddles me that they're not aware of how bad they smell. If I can smell it from a distance of 10 feet coupled with my bad smell, how can they not?

6. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh...I thought you said "parents", to which I was going to say was really creepy.

7. leer

I like smelling nice I used to spend a fair bit of money on different fragrances and products
    but I only use two now Paul smith - davidoff .I like Mark to smell good of cores he did use a cheap one smelt awful I bought him a Hugo boss for his birthday .

8. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Same here.

I like to use a little bit of "Fierce" cologne, even though it's kinda expensive.

But yeah, I also know a couple people who always smell like they haven't had a shower in days. Pretty baffling.

9. Data

Data Guest

I don't mean like when people STINK I mean when the point is reached where the person's deoderant mixes with a bit of their natural smell. I don't know what else to say other then it's "mature" in nature.

Maybe it's pheromone related. I'm not sure.

Speeking of a fear of smelling good, I have a fear that my breath smells bad all the time. For some reason, 20 minutes after I brush my teeth and floss, I get a bad taste in my mouth and I assume it's the same for my breath. I scrape my tongue front back to front and let my finger dry before smelling it and it is always fine. I carry mints if I'm going to be with someone in close proximity. So I understand why someone would think they have BO and carry cologne all the time.

I do NOT like the way guys smell ripe from age or the gym. Onions I say! I hate straight up BO.

10. Stonkle

Out Status:
    Some people
    Definitely. She smells amazing (Its hard to describe, but seems very herbal) and something about it just really comforts me. It's also very consistent. I'm personally somewhat self conscious about how I smell, and I usually feel bad in comparison to her, since I just seem like a dirty dish rag most of the time.

11. justjade

YES! He smells so good, even when he's all sweaty. :love:

12. Pat

Pat

Lol. I remember the boy I crushed on in high school was the best smelling boy ever.. I thought it was his natural scent until I walked by an Abercrombie store in the mall and smelled it lol. I was like, "Bo?" lmao I really hadn't smelled another guy that smelled like him, so if I had a boyfriend with a distinctive smell, I would enjoy that.. assuming it's a clean smell. As far as overall smells are concerned, I'm obsessed with clothes that just come out of the dryer. I could lay in them and take a nap in that heaven. lol.

13. Shiny Espeon

I don't get to be with my boyfriend too often (there is currently an ocean and half a country between us) but I absolutely love his smell. No matter how ripe or mature it is. I can't get enough. :icon_redf

14. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He says I don't smell bad per se, but I'm really self-conscious. No matter how much body wash I use and how long I spend in the shower, and how much I scrub, I still notice a smell from between my legs. Nobody's ever said anything, but I've always been self-conscious of that.

As for him, he doesn't wear cologne, but I do like the smell of Old Spice deodorant.

15. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah, the lovely scent of non-existence.

16. Sully

Oh far out! I'm the same!!! Bad breath freaks me out, and dirty teeth for that matter! If you're going out of the house, it's as simple as brushing, flossing and mouth washing! Not that hard. I can't stand seeing people with big plague build ups, not a good look!

I almost always carrying chewing gum.

17. tulman

I like the clean, freshly showered smell but I also like the natural musky smell only genitals emit. Exceeded only by the taste! :thumbsup:

18. DrkRayne

Yep...I do. I love her perfume, her shampoo and her body wash. I actually had a problem with one scent of deordant she used and she lovingly changed scents for me. It smelled like a guy lol.

I'm really worried about my smell, so I brush like crazy and shower like clockwork and stuff. I dunno. I worry I smell bad. She says I smell good, but...eh.

OH!! The only time I dont like how she smells is after she eats something garlicky. lol I HATE the smell of garlic on someone's breath. makes me sick.

19. Minamimoto_Fan

Yes. He has a slight musk mixed with his cologne and shower gel that makes a really nice scent.

It was something that I liked about him even before we became a couple

20. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Yup. I'm a sucker for perfumes and fragrances. She uses a lot of floral-scented, spring-y body washes and shampoo, along with fruity scented perfumes, or Jasmine scented ones. I mainly like how her scent rubs off on my clothes.

I rarely use cologne but I do use Old Spice deodorant and body wash, and apparently I smell good according to her.