1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silly desperate stuff you do when in love/lust/crushing/infatuated/obssesed

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Straight ally, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    Just like the title says.... What silly stuff you do, what happens with your behaviour etc...when you are in love/lust/infuated/crushing/head over hills or something like that...

Ok, i will begin:

* "casually" being in the place i know she is going to be at a given time, and pretending i was just passing by at that moment.

*frequently checking my phone to see if she is connected at [cellphone 's chatting app that many people use] ...but also, when i see she is connected, i stare at the screen knowing i cannot message her now cause i have already initiated the chat's comversation with her in 2 different ocassions so now its 'her turn' to initiate the chatting if i dont want to look desperate (with ironically is exactly how my state of mind could be currently labeled as xD)... Then after a while i check again if she is connected even when i already know its not "my turn"...

*trying to figure out an idea for a cool photo i could take then publish at Instagram, as to produce the possibily of her finding my photo interesting and commenting on it, therefore provoking a chance for a conversation.

* overthinking.

Now, what about you?

2. mkchoco

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    i do exactly that!
    i also come up with interesting things to tell her/talk to her about and reasons to text her

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I spent the last ~4 months going on a morning bus in a very specific time range just to catch glimpses of a crush, even though that meant I started work late and had to stay late. Eventually, I got the courage to talk to him, and he was very friendly (and probably recognized me). But, sadly I learned he has a girlfriend, and now he's gone back to his home country. :frowning2:

4. Oxelotl

Glancing at Facebook every two minutes on the off chance he would be on and if he is silently waiting for him to message me, because I'm worried if I message him he'll get annoyed. And if I do message him I'll spend two minutes thinking of something witty and funny to say.

5. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I talk about them non-stop, thus betraying that I have a crush.

I also lust after the love interest, something I only do whenever I love someone or am infatuated.

I write love letters that I'll never show them, their name circles around my head all day, and I'm constantly dreaming of being intimate with them. Mostly I come across cold and pushy to people, but I'm always beaming at my crush when I'm with them.

I've always been a little gaudy about my knowledge about things, but if I'm around my crush I'll flaunt it excessively in an attempt to bedazzle them, yet that strategy always backfires because it's so pretentious.

6. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I just stare at them....creepily.

7. tulman

Spent money foolishly on a few (younger ones). But I had the good sense to be honest with myself and them. "I know this is just a fling and you'll tire of me before I tire of you. But when I'm sitting on my porch swing as an old man I'll at least smile and remember the good time you gave me. I'm not on that porch swing yet but I do remember them and never tried to fool myself in to thinking I was doing anything more than financing my libido.

8. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I feign disinterest but happen to find whatever reason possible to stay close.

Like there was this one guy I saw downtown. Think he was FtM. My type. He was waiting for a ride, I come out and pretend I'm waiting for mine. I've got my phone back, I'm checking it and pretending to grow more and more irritable.

Finally, I chickened out and left. I was in femme mode but was actually out shopping for what would be my first guy clothes. It was having to introduce myself and not being sure what as that scared me off.

9. LILuke

This is my life summed up. :icon_sad:

10. HollowCandy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh. My. Qod. What have I not done? I've literally followed him everywhere, bought him food before school for several weeks in a row, snuck out of my house to go to parties with him, threatened to kill anyone who messes with him, cried for a few hours after I came out to him and found out he was straight, cried after finding out that he was trying to avoid me after I told him my feelings, and cried when I finally accepted that he can never love me and I'd be alone for a long time because I don't think I can ever find someone as perfect as him.

11. Bolin

I reread conversations I've had with my crush or messages he's left me... over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over... :redface:

12. Jeph

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    *Overanalyze every exchange we have (text, conversations, emails,etc.) for any hints that he might like me.

*Spend wayyy too much time trying to compose something witty and funny with a flirty subtext that's not too overt, every time I respond or want to send him a message.

*Think about him all the time. Dream about him at night and daydream about him during the day.

*Imagininng and reimaging every possible scenario where he might confess his secret love for me, or rescue me and then declare his love for me.

*Trying to come up with all kinds of spontaneous, uncontrived situations where we run into each other.

*Trying (unsuccessfully) not too seem too eager to please him or respond instantly to his every question, remark or message.

That's just a few...

13. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    I also do that...plus i store them all in a archive in a USB memory

14. PalestrinaMX

Replay all of our conversations in my head.

15. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Today, two classmates and I came to our regular shuttle stop after class, and I noticed a guy I had mentioned in the "saw a hot guy today" thread. I couldn't tell for sure, but my mind was thinking he was having some "curious" eye contact, but I'm a wimp and since this was only my second time noticing him, I tried to not pay attention. As the bus came, my classmates were trying to enter through the back, which was crowded. Since I saw this cute guy going through the front, I decided to save time waiting to board and followed him and ended up standing in front of him.

Later on, four or five seats on both sides of the bus became free, and so I sat down and he sat right beside me! At this point, I was going through my normal panic when I think someone may or may not be observing me because I over-rationalize things and assume no guy that good-looking would be interested in me.

What made it harder was that the cute guy kept his head turned toward my direction (though, he maybe was just looking at the road ahead), I couldn't bring myself to turn and look at him except for a few times because I knew I'd get lost in those intense eyes. My only consolation was that our arms were touching and he didn't pull away. How can I develop a crush so fast after two sightings?!

16. Saint Otaku

It's alright, countless other boy-crazy boys plus myself know your struggle.

Especially the warm fuzzies that come from arm/any contact. Especially that. And the being too shy to risk meeting a gaze, but I think I'm becoming more courageous since coming out! ^_^

17. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    (*hug*) Your words reflect a maturity beyond your years.

18. Bolin

Also these.

19. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let's see here.

- spending countless nights staying up thinking about nothing but them
    - cry myself to sleep knowing I can't have them and feel like I'll be the forever alone guy
    - write poems about how I'll never love again since I can't have them
    - act like a little twat because of it
    - write a love letter
    - spend countless nights up thinking about the crush that actually went somewhere
    - write "Bryan x (crush name) in my notebook in places only I will see
    - more love poems

Yep. I get pretty crazy over love. O3o

20. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Lets see. With my first couple crushes I never even approached them and only acknowledged it was in my head. Then comes alot of grey area between different straight crushes that amounted to nothing. What I convinced myself was my first romantic crush was on a boy I know through the internet who I felt a level of connection I wasn't feeling with other friends at the time. I did lots of desperate and pathetic things during that crush like:

-Explore the possibility of being romantically attracted to girls, hoping with my straight crush it could work the other way around

- Lay awake in bed texting other friends about it while imagining being able to lay next to him. Might of hugged my pillow a few times, its kind of a blur at this point

- Talk to him constantly, any chance I got, about me, about him, about my "feelings," intimate personal topics and even insecurities I never brought up with anybody else b4. And compliment him constantly until eventually..

- Became disgusted with his consistently disappointing replies, erased all traces of his presence in my life and spent the next month aggressively and irrationally brooding over the situation. Occasionally lashing out at people without much reason and overcomplicating and dramatizing everything in general.

It is possible though I might of made it all up cause I was alone and bored. A friend described it as Loving the Idea of Love rather than the person himself. I dunno in the end it doesnt make a difference. No permanent damage was done anywhere and I do think the experience overall wrecked my ability to invest romantic emotion in str8bois completely. So I definitely took some positive stuff out of it. With my next crush and x boyfriend I applied a much more cautious approach as well as a pessimistic mindset which helped me walk away much easier when that quickly fell apart.