1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When do gays will be fully accepted?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by person57, Nov 3, 2013.

1. person57

When do you think gays will be fully accepted, or at least almost fully accepted?

---------- Post added 3rd Nov 2013 at 02:51 PM ----------

Oops messed up on the title :/

2. Lucky Oshawott

That's tough. We must remember that there'll always be hate in the world and I don't think we're anywhere near it. But we're making progress! :grin:

3. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    Exactly what Black People done when the other Equal Rights Bill was passed: Live their lives without fear.

4. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We live in a world that judges people based on weight, race, gender, economic status, intellect, sexual orientation, and gender identification. Even when we gain all rights and become equal under law we will not be fully accepted granted it will become easier (hopefully) but there will always be the few that will not accept us.

5. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Soon.
    Just... soon.
    Pretty sure transgender people like me are going to face a lot more bullshit in the future, though...

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No persecuted sub-group is ever FULLY accepted. Hell, sexism is alive and well. Women are discriminated against by men and vice-versa.

So no, we'll never be completely okay. But when will we be mostly accepted? Probably in a generation or so. The gay rights movement is really coming to a head with more states legalizing same-sex marriages.

7. Destiel

In all honesty? I don't think it will happen for a long while. It sucks but look, people are still extremely racist and its been years since then. With the way politicians still treat it so openly negatively - and they do have supporters - its really hard to say. I mean, I'm not sure about what states have legalized gay marriage in the USA but it isn't more than five if memory serves me correct (Sorry I don't know, I'm from Canada so I'm not completely up to date on some of the legalizations in America) and if its so little that actually support it - who really knows how long it will be from here on out.
    I mean, so far a lot of different countries have taken huge steps into making the LGBT community accepted but there are a ton that are so against it that its scary.
    The complete disgust towards our community is outrageous but its just how it is for now. Slowly we've grown and become excepted - we still have a long way to go but we're slowly working towards our goal!
    So no, I don't think it will happen for a long while, but it will one day, and that is a day to work hard for and look forward to :slight_smile:

8. GingerGuy

For me, full acceptance is when we have the same rights on the law, including protection against discrimination, much like blacks already have. I think the main obstacle blacks and racial minorities face nowadays is more related to differences in the average income than in institutionalized racism. Discrimination will always exist, because there will always be assholes, but we can live in a society where being racist and homophobic is looked down upon, and people who express these beliefs need to hide in a closet, much like homosexuals have to nowadays. A bit of adversity is always good. It can strengthen our community and unite us towards a common goal.

So, I don't think discrimination will stop, but as long as the law is on our side and we are able to find support when others reject us, then that's full acceptance for me.

9. Hexagon

Depends. In much of the west, relatively soon. A few decades, I expect. In the rest of the world, it could be a lot longer.

10. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It will never happen. There will never be full acceptance of anything. Look at blacks and the mentality of some minorities towards them to this day. You will always find those select few who will still reject you for who you are.

11. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I think every group gets rejected. Some more rejected than others.

12. Colours

I'm really starting to think we've come a HUGE way during the last five years, in my country anyway.

Of course, we're far from full acceptance, but then what group is fully accepted? Very few, if any.

13. Alyss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I sadly have to agree. This world works like this; no life for minorities...

14. KingDavey

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Not sure because even black people aren't fully accepted in the US. I mean we've come along way but even they aren't fully accepted. Even if the average person you meet isn't racist, they still exist.