1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Rush?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by angel626, Nov 5, 2013.

1. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I'm gay, 18, and single, and its hard for me to find other girls that are either gay or bi. With that being said being single doesn't bother me, yeah at times it sucks but I'm not desperate to get into a relationship. I firmly believe that one day I'll meet the right girl and fall in love.

Now my niece on the other hand is always trying to get into a relationship and she even met a dude in person off some website and to me that seems desperate. I'm not saying there is anything bad with internet dating or judging anyone that does that because I myself contemplate doing that as well. What is desperate was how quick she was to meet this guy in person and the fact that she didnt bother to think that this person can be dangerous. Then she gets mad at me when I demand for her to text me when she gets there and when shes about to leave to come home.

To me she doesn't need a dating and site and she doesn't need to be looking so hard; she is young and has all the time in the world to meet the right person.

I don't understand why she feels like she needs to be in a relationship in order to be happy. I want to ask her why she is like that but I don't want to cause an argument because when we argue I get in trouble and so does she.

So what do you guys think? Should you rush or be patient? Does someone have to be in a relationship to be happy? How do I go about getting her to see that she doesn't need to be looking so hard?

2. justjade

My sister is the same way. She has to be with someone, or she can't function, it seems. Personally, I don't think it's worth it to rush. Take it from a guy who's on his second marriage. There's nothing better than a good marriage, but there's nothing worse than a bad one. I guess the same doesn't necessarily apply to dating, but still, you cannot under any circumstances blindly trust someone you meet on the internet.

As for getting her to see that she doesn't need to be looking so hard, she'll figure it out. Hopefully. My sister's 22, and I've talked and talked and talked to her, and she just won't listen. I hope you have better luck with your niece than I've had with my sister. What she should really be doing, I believe, is making herself happy instead of trying to find a guy to make her happy.