1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Teens

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by EthanS, Jun 9, 2008.

1. EthanS

EthanS Guest

I was wondering outside of Europe does the adults get intimdated by the teens in a group or whatever, here they definitely do!, thx to the stupid scallies and chavs, there we're some at the bus stop today, drinking and asking people for kids and bein loud:***::***::tantrum:

2. Lefty

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    From a teen perspective I can't say that I've ever seen any signs that adults were intimidated when I'm out with a group of friends. They may get annoyed when we're a bit too loud but I haven't noticed any intimidation

3. yahooooo

yahooooo Guest

Hmmm.. Okay so maybe me and my mates are not your average teenagers, going to a school where curtisy and apperences are enforced from a very young age :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It is constantly drilled into us to be polite and give the school a good image.. anyway, I get so annoyed when older people complain about us "youths."
    I always try to be polite to people, no matter what the age, and I seem to find that older people generally do not notice this, or are just rude back. They expect people to give them respect, yet treat people like rubbish. Where I work we often have older people and I find that they are ruder than your average teenager.

Sorry, sort of off the subject but it just gets to me.. all people deserve respect, not just older people.
    Anyway, I do understand why groups of teenagers could be intimidating, I find some groups intimidating if by myself, but I think people are too quick to steriotype teenagers... agreed there are some scary chav type people out there, but most of us are harmless :slight_smile:

4. EthanS

EthanS Guest

WHAT!! you a chav?? lol yer if you know the chavs they can be ok but if you dont then...

5. Lefty

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    At the risk of sounding quite American...what does chav mean?

6. EthanS

EthanS Guest

ahhhhhhh lol search it up lol

7. EthanS

EthanS Guest

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=pqyU2z-FJr8[/YOUTUBE] this is what we deal wiv here

8. Daniel

Um well in Denmark they aren't intimidated.

Actually I've been snapped at several times.

I think it's a british thing.

I read a book recently about the decline of the british culture.

9. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    Well to be honest.. I'm not all that old. But even I'm sickened by the way some British teenagers act these days. Luckily we don't have a big problem with that where I live, but where I work and other places I visit it's noticeable. And to think that I've always been brought up to be polite and respectful, why can these kids not do the same?

Personally.. I'd not be adversed to brining back national service to sort them out :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Or sometimes, I've been tempted to have words with them myself. I just hope something is done to fix the antisocial behaviour.

Oh and to clarify... it is a small proportion of teenagers doing this. Very small in fact, compared to the millions of well mannered and behaved children.

10. Bryan90

"What do you think you'd be doing five years from now?"
    "I'd be dead five years from now."

Sigh... I guess I shall look at the bright side and assume that this is evolution's way of dealing with overpopulation...

11. Lefty

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So from my research (wikipedia style) and that video I have come to the conclusion that they are similar to gangs? or wanna be gangs? Something of the sort

12. EthanS

EthanS Guest

Yup but they vandalise more i think and their all talk

13. Daniel

I think you are amazing. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

And dead on...:confused:

14. OneHatMadder

I apparently look intimidating because I wear this big dark trnechcoat type thing all the time... But I'm always smiling at people and talking and looking really cheerful so people are never scared of me.

15. Jeimuzu

I do now. Didn't give a shit before, but I've been more nervous over the past week. Natural reaction, I guess.

16. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's amazing that we supposedly speak the same language, but the only person I could understand in that video was the reporter.

There's some hooligan / gang / punk kid problem everywhere, though there's no major problem here. Most that goes on is shopkeepers become nervous when teens enter their store and assume they are going to be lifting goods.

17. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

Not at all. When I went white water rafting with my friends and a group of other teenagers, the adults that were part of the rafting trip was highly entertained by us (no sexual content). Just the fact that we're pretty immature made them immature too, and we waged WAR on them :grin:

18. Cheese Love

Only if the group is being loud, obnoxious or roudy. It doens't garner much more than a glare, though.

19. gentlegiant4

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Chavs" look soooo tough. Too bad they wouldn't last an hour inner-city

20. sdc91

lol, really. I think an American gang would beat them up for good really quickly.

Not that that's a good thing.