1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just watched "Were the world is mine"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Reptillian, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Reptillian

This movie was hilarious, and it seems to me that the actual underlying message is different than it appears to be.

If you look at it at a critical angle, the aftermath is not going to end well. For one thing, some few people will exhibit symptom of irrational obsession which will feed stereotypes for hater to make up. Second of all, these haters could relapse back into their usual stance.

Thoughts on this movie?

I have one more thing to mention, I kind of find the movie cheesy as it displays stereotypes a bit too much. I'm pretty sure there are LGBT movies that aren't cheesy.

2. FashionDisaster

"Were the World Mine" is one of my favorite movies :slight_smile:
    It can be a little cheesey at times and realistically the long term results would probably be much worse than they show, but it is a really well done adaptation of "A Midsummers Night Dream." I do agree that it can seem a little stereotypical at times, but I would say that is because of a mix of time and subject matter. There really isn't much time to flesh out all characters so sometimes it is easier to just use common character tropes. Also a lot of what they do seems more to me because they are now actors in a Shakespearean play whether they were suppossed to be or not.
    Besides the movie never fails to make me laugh.

3. hichat

I downloaded it but still haven't watch it yet. Did you watch Weekend? It's so sad. :'(

4. Minamimoto_Fan

I personally did not like it. Just because you magically become a homosexual does not mean you automatically start acting like a stereotype.

The people in that town were a bunch of assholes, I don't think a magic potion that turns people gay will automatically fix all the problems that the protagonist was facing just like that