1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First relationship?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by just a guy, Nov 5, 2013.

1. just a guy

just a guy Guest

I have never been in a relationship, gay or straight. So, I'm wondering where have you guys met current or past partners? I seem to have no luck in this department...

2. Hrantou

I met my current one online on a free dating website. I've had it up for about a year and would check it periodically before he messaged me and we got to talking.

Before that, my first boyfriend I met at high school. We had a class together and we forced together to work on a project. We got to talking and realized we liked each other.

I know the feeling of "no luck" but don't give up :slight_smile: You never know when you might meet someone or where. I never expected to meet my current one online. And yet, here we are. Don't give up.

3. prism

I've only ever been in hetero relationships.

First boyfriend: My older brother's best friend, who happened to be my best friend's older brother. I know.
    Second boyfriend: Mutual friends in high school. We went to a homecoming dance together three days after meeting. I found out that he attempted to slip me Ecstasy and later on he became a drug addict.
    Third boyfriend: Art school. I eventually realized that he had a drinking problem.
    Fourth boyfriend: High school classmate. We happened to run into one another in a dentist's office and started hanging out. I kind of fucked this one up.
    Fifth boyfriend: He was the teaching assistant (TA) for a different section of a class in college. Amazing guy, but had bad anxiety and I always felt helpless when he was at his worst.
    Sixth boyfriend: Mutual friends in college and we lived in the same dormitory. I wanted so deeply for things to work out between us. He was such a great guy, but obviously there was no sexual attraction.

4. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can sympathize with the feeling that you will never find yourself in a relationship but it will happen when you least expect it.

I got in my first relationship on Nov. 2. The person I'm with now, you would never expect that we would've ended up being together. We would fight all the time, you would think we're incompatible with each other but over the past year, we would hang out always and then you can predict what happened next.

5. castle walls

I met my first bf and my first gf at school

6. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I met my boyfriend, through social networking. I never bothered messaging him because I thought he was wayyyyyy wayyyyyyyy wayyyyyyyy out of my league. Anyways, to my surprise he messaged me one day and we got talking. It happened when I least expected it. We dated for a while before he officially asked me at pride. All I can say is, theres someone out there for everyone. It's just finding them that's the hardest part. But, it will happen when you least expect it to, and that's often the best way.

7. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I suppose I've had relationships in the past. Nothing really happened, though and were attempts at being "normal" or some stupid denial shit of that sort. Really don't count them as real relationships. The first one that'll be real to me is when I'm seen as a girl and am dating a boy. I can reciprocate your worry though. I wonder if I'll ever find a proper relationship at this rate.

8. Bolin

I met my first boyfriend online. We were friends about a good 6-7 months before we started dating. We didn't really start talking regularly until around November of 2012. Once we got to know each other better, we started liking each other in a romantic way, although for the longest, both of us were afraid to admit it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: And even after we admitted that we liked each other, it took us an entire week (exactly seven days xD ) to work up the courage to start dating, and we fell in love shortly after. We lasted about 6 months, and although (on my end, at least) things ended in a slightly messy way, we're still good friends. We were better off as good friends. And plus, there was already someone I had feelings for long before we started dating and they never really left (even during our relationship), so the breakup was probably for the best. And as cliche as it sounds, I didn't get into a relationship with him until I stopped angsting and focusing on "never finding a boyfriend" and put my mind on other things. It'll happen when you least expect it! :slight_smile:

#8 Bolin, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  9. leer

only had the two proper boyfriends fell for my ex way to quickly met at a party I would have done anything to make him happy hurt a bit when we split . Mark my bf now met at a Elbow concert. been together 7 months now things are alright between us its proper love this .

#9 leer, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  10. Mine was a secret fling with a much older woman! :icon_wink

11. justjade

School and work mostly. I have no life.

12. Siarad

I've had boyfriends but things really didn't go anywhere at all since I was/am a closeted lesbian.

I wonder the same thing as the OP - I am talking with a (seems) lovely woman online but I have no idea if it'll spark if we ever met in real life.

I can't see how I'll ever experience my first relationship with a woman. It can be really terribly depressing, especially as I'm fast approaching 30.

13. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people
    I met my ex-boyfriend at a Halloween party. He was nice and I enjoyed hanging out with him. He was attracted to me and I didn't know whether I was attracted to him or not(I wasn't.) I decided to hang out with him more.

Eventually we started dating. I enjoyed cuddling and holding his hand. Kissing was another story. When he kissed me on the neck or cheek it was okay, but when I kissed him on the lips I wanted to kiss a girl instead of him. I also cringed whenever he acted romantic. I wanted to give myself a chance to like him more. Before that could happen(a few months) he broke up with me because of a lack of intimacy.

About two years after the relationship he wanted to get back together with me. I had to reject him because I never really liked him that way.

I haven't had any girlfriends yet. I want one, but I don't think I'm ready.

14. Skyline

I've come close to being in a relationship on four separate occasions. The first two times were online-only relationships, that I no longer count as true relationships. The other two I met them online but then in person later on. The third was a somewhat intimate relationship with a girl who really never liked me as more than a friend, and the forth was merely 3 dates with someone who seemed willing, but I decided I didn't like them and it wasn't going to work out.

If I were to lead you down my path, I'd say meet people online, and make sure they live nearby. But as I've had little success, I'd recommend you don't listen to my advice.

15. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    On holiday. He was living in the hotel where I was with my parents...
    It was love at first sight. He moved in a few weeks later and our first anniversary is this month.

I don´t think I had any chance in the town were I live.

16. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always loved your story, Boyfriend. Your parents are awesome that they'd let him move into their house with you.

17. mvjp

everyone ive ever been with ive either met through gym or uni or some other sports club just get out there!

18. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

never had my first boyfriend never will

19. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First Boyfriend: We met through a chatroom on YIM. I can't remember too much of then, only that he vanished about a few months in.
    First Girlfriend: Through a social networking site we were on. We were on and off for seven months until I found out she had been cheating on me.
    Second Boyfriend: We knew each other through our friends (mostly through his older brother) and we were a short lived thing, but we ultimately said being friends was for the best.
    Current Partner: Through my second boyfriend's older brother. We chilled a while on BlogTV and became close. At some point we got attached at the hip if you will and got together. We had a few fumbles (my fault for being a jackass) but we always seemed to pick up where we left off when we would talk again.

20. drewsaysrawr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    First boyfriend I had was a guy that wad my age and I met him on a game. We eventually made the relationship a long distance one until his dad found out and made us break up.