1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

virginity and friends

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Andbenz0189, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Andbenz0189

Hey, thanks for reading.

I've been feeling kind of down lately and it's because of several reasons. All of my best friends are straight and they accept me completely, but i've come to a point where my life is becoming too different from theirs because of this. All of them have either a girlfriend or some sort of relationship with someone, i don't being at my age all of them are having sex and, well, i haven't. it's like i'm always the odd man out because i never have anything to say in conversations or sometimes i don't even find how to talk to them, because the things i want to speak about are somewhat uncomfortable for them. Because of this i have started to drink a lot, while my friends party and kiss girls and do normal stuff, i just find myself drinking. Aaaand as such now my parents are angry at me because they see me as an alcoholic. Like i need someone to talk to and all i really wish is to be able to talk to my friends about what i feel, without getting all weirded out. Any suggestions, maybe getting a therapist?

2. jargon

Do you have any LGBT connections? I don't know a lot about Columbia, but living in Bogota I imagine there are at least some places where its safe to be openly non-straight?

I say this not because I think you should ditch your current friends and find queer ones, but maybe having some LGBT friends as well would give you an outlet to talk about the things you don't feel comfortable talking about with your straight friends.

3. Andbenz0189

I have tried to get in contact with some lgbt group in my college (in colombia we tend to go to college while still living in our parents' house), but my parents have such bad luck that my older sister is a lebian and she's like a leader of that group. I don't want to come out to my sister because we have a terrible relationship, so i haven't contacted the group, in fear that she will know.

4. Data

Data Guest

*ahem* BAD luck?

You aren't lucky to have a straight child man.

I would suggest not drinking to the point where you DO become an alcoholic. Quit while you're ahead.

I don't think you need to "ditch" your friends as much as you need to find some gay ones. Don't feel bad about being a virgin. A thread here a while ago had people who lost theirs at 16 and some who were 25 that hadn't lost it. You should not feel bad my friend.

5. freeskies

Hi Andbenz! I know how you feel, especially when you feel like you cannot relate to anything your straight friends talk about. BUT please STOP drinking to point where you become addicted ! It's harmful to your body! I would suggest you develop more tolerance and accepting of your straight friends. Surely your straight friends are not always involved in sex related acts/discussion?

Your current friends became your friend because you had common interests. Rekindle your interests with them. May be even search for other non-straight friends with your interests and hobbies... :slight_smile: Things will always get better in the end :slight_smile: