1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does it annoy you when people talk alot?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RGX Guy, Jun 9, 2008.

1. RGX Guy

RGX Guy Guest

I have a habit of being a talker.
    The more I talk the less awkward silence and the more people can see who I am... its just fun. Lol.

I've noticed that a lot of times people just listen instead of having the conversation WITH me so I can never tell if they're only listening to be nice or if they actually are interested.

They'll laugh and say like "i know right" or "you're an idiot" and laugh (not at me in a friendly way)

So I can't tell if I talk too much or what.
    Should I just shut up and see what happens?

2. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

Nah. I'm a talker too, and it's just how we are. Most people are better at listening and some are better at showing what they feel by talking, instead of doing something else (as for that something else, I have yet to find).

Besides, talking's fun. Who cares if people get annoyed by it? I'll just keep talking until they leave or they get used to it :slight_smile:

3. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I get annoyed when people talk, period. I much prefer silence anyway, and when most people my age start talking, it's completely irrelevant.

4. Hoppip

I just talk and talk and talk and talk. I don't really care if people listen (sometimes I do).

I guess I'm used to it. I'm oblivious.

I don't like it when people talk about subjects other than me, or talk longer than me. (I know that sounds cocky but I honestly can't beat around the bush.)

5. Paralyzer

Don't change who you are. I know people who test their friends by either like ignoring them to see if they talk to them or they talk more or less and it usually gets weird and the other person doesn't know how to respond. If you enjoy talking then keep on.

I will say however, that I'm not a fan of running into someone who never stops talking.. haha XD If you wanna try something different, then I'd say that you shouldn't just "stop talking and see what happens" but you should try having a conversation WITH them... good luck with that.. haha :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. RGX Guy

RGX Guy Guest

lol. i do try to have conversations WITH them but when they don't input anything I just keep going hoping i find something they want to talk about. But there is the rare occasion where they will start something and i can talk WITH them about that but if they're not talking i just won't shut up. lol.

7. Hoppip

Here's my method:

1 Compliment THEM

2 Talk a bit about them, let them rant and get stuff off their chest

3 Slowly take control of the conversation and change it to what you want to talk about!

My three step method, plus videos and online exercises is only three low payments of US$33.33, please make all payments to the sun.

8. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

I don't talk that much, I rely on people like you to help me conversate.
    I don't like when you notice that I don't talk that much, please don't bring it up.
    I have so much to share, but I need a push in the right direction.
    I've played video games and watched movies all my life, so I am used to being "talked to" and am comfortable with it.
    Silence is awkward, but finding a comfortable median is important.
    I emit body language when I have something to say, and feel ignored and hurt when you talk over me, as if you are the only one worth listening to.
    I am interested in the things you talk about, but it makes me feel inferior when I have nothing to say on the subject.

I wish you would talk about things that I know a lot about, then you might get a response out of me. Kind of like now. I know about being quiet.

9. shakerdancee

have you ever been in lvoe with someone who doesn't talk at all? It's pretty awkward

10. Micah

This :slight_smile:

11. Tim

Tim

I'm one of those who talks and rants without knowing I'm doing it :S So I don't really hate people who talk a lot :wink: If anything, I'll talk right back lol

12. JSG

JSG Guest

I talk a lot too, followed be complete silence when I've finished, I think my voice is hypnotizing because it's pretty deep. I prefer talking WITH someone, of course :slight_smile:

13. Alex

If it is something im good at, meaning i can tell everyone how great i am... i talk like no one have ever heard before.. thats bad
    And if i dont know anything i usually shut up, which is also bad...

14. Poring

It annoys me only if one just keeps talking in a way that even if you try and want to say something, you wont be able to because he just goes on and on and on and on and on....

15. iPieman

If I'm on a date I actually prefer him to do all the talking.
    If I'm out with my friends though (and I have a few friends who do this) and someone is constantly talking I get really bored and sometimes annoyed.

16. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm fairly quiet, so I'm more comfortable with someone who talks a lot to keep the conversation going.

17. pirateninja

I will gladly listen if someone wishes to go on and on, but if I rarely say anything other than "yeah", "uh-huh" or nod unless it's important. I'm terrible at conversation so it makes it easier if t'other does it all for me :grin:

18. sweetpinkmelon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    yes im guilty with this, i'm in love with a picture of my crush

19. Trumpetplyer23

I'm quite a talkative person, and most of my friends are shy and quiet, so all of the conversations usually are started by me. As for in class, I'm one of two class clowns in my grade, so I'm usually cracking a joke and making me laugh.

Awkward silences bug me, a lot.

20. RGX Guy

RGX Guy Guest

Ok, well I feel better about being a chatter box now.
    I'm glad I could possibly be helping so many people out. Lol.