1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Working out?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PookaciousOne, Nov 7, 2013.

1. PookaciousOne

Last night I decided that once I get caught up on my bills I am going to join the Anytime Fitness that's maybe 2 miles from where I live.I know it will be tough for a while starting out but I feel its something I need to do for my physical and mental health. Anyone here workout? What do you do?

2. fulcrum

I plan on starting a running regime soon. Ive done the whole cardio-in-the-gym routine. But its boring, especially if you dont have a regular gym partner. I think Im only gonna use the gym for weights. There's so much beautiful stuff to see outside. And summer is on its way in the southern hemisphere :slight_smile:

3. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I started working out last March after I had a little scare when my doctor thought I might have a fatty liver. So I decided to start exercising regularly from there on out for my health and my emotional state (it helped with dealing with my depression).

I workout at a crossfit place which is really fun since the exercises change frequently and many people there being friendly. Although recently with school I haven't been able to go to my crossfit class as frequently and I exercise at home more.

4. lukeluvznicki13

I don't work out a lot, I sometimes go to gym and do cardio work outs :slight_smile:.
    I just mostly watch what I eat since I have such little time to actually go to gym etc.

5. DrkRayne

I work out at home when I do. I used to be pretty strict on schedule, but I got lazy. Anywaysss my routine is like a circut.
    5 min on bike,
    5 min on upper body weight machine (pull downs)
    2. min plank
    10 reps of deadlifts
    I repeat it three times. 3x a week.
    2 other days I week I just do cardio. Dancing or what not for 20min.
    Like I said I used to be pretty strict, but now i'm lazy.

6. Split Arrows

The gym is my second home! I try to make it at least 4 days every week.

I do mostly heavy lifting and power sets. Like the other day, for example was:
    Seated Barbell Press (max weight) 4 sets of 4
    Arnold Press --3 sets of 12
    Front raise -- 3 sets of 12
    Lateral raise -- 2 sets of 40
    Closegrip Bench Press (max weight) 2 sets of 3
    French Press -- 2 sets of 8
    Skullcrusher -- 2 sets of 10
    Cable Tricep Extension 1 set of 40

7. tulman

WHEW! I got worn out just reading that one.
    I've lost a lot of weight since I got serious about it in March of last year. I also started using that expensive treadmill that's been gathering dust in the spare bedroom. When I started I was winded in about 10 minutes at a slow walk. Now I can easily do a mile and a half in a half hour and don't even start breaking a sweat for about 20 minutes. I do it 2 or 3 times a week. And yes, my sleepy cock wakes up easier now too. Not like it did 40 years ago but a helluva lot better than 2 years ago. And I don't snore anymore either. That alone makes it worth it!
    My son's mother-in-law is 80 and does 3 miles in an hour every morning. Says she doesn't feel right if she doesn't and has done it for years. She's also an avid golfer. Looks a lot younger than she 80 and is very trim.

8. PookaciousOne

I haven't worked out in forever so I will have to ease into it but after a while I can see myself being there 4 days a week easy

9. leer

I go regular about 3 days a week for 40 mins I do cardio one day & weights next time

10. Hexagon

I can occasionally be convinced to lift the weights in my bedroom. Thats about it.

11. AKTodd

I workout at home. Used to use free weights, then switched to a Bowflex some years ago. Also do cardio, currently with the rowing machine I got this summer, before that a Nordictrack. Get up at 6 and get in about 45 min of weights or cardio on weekdays. Just walk the dog on weekends.

Todd

12. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I go to the boxing gym to train there, and it's for free.

I also go to the park to do jogging, again for free.

13. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

I used to be a regular gym member but now I focus on bodyweight exercises. From Monday to Friday I do 3 sets of press ups in the morning and then in the afternoon after work, I will do 3 sets of sit ups and 3 sets of pull ups/chin ups. Except on Wednesday when I play football and I also jog on Sundays.

14. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I run up and down the stairs for an hour. Sometimes I lift weights.

15. starfish

I usually run 5K a few times a week. I'm not very fast, but I can finish. I also like to ride my bicycle. Haven't done that in a few weeks, maybe I'll go do that this weekend.

My gym membership is up in December and I don't think I'll renew. I don't do much weight lifting anymore due to a back injury a couple of years ago.

For now I am content with the running and cycling. I am running my second 5K at the end of the month, so I've got to get serious about my training schedule. I've fallen off of it the last few weeks, due to scheduling issues.

16. Shizuma

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yes I work out - I play Football I'm a Goalkeeper for my country but when I got to much on my mind I go out and run and in a fitness club.