1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you agree that sometimes parents take good kids for granted?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RGX Guy, Jun 9, 2008.

1. RGX Guy

RGX Guy Guest

I can't go to the pool for a week because I didn't clean the kitchen when all I was told to do was clean my room before I left. : |

Here's what was wrong.
    1. The trash wasn't taken out (I didn't even know it was full because I didn't use the trash can or check it before I left for the pool)

2. There were 3 cans for recycling on the counter (ok i probably should have gotten that on my way out)

3. There were dishes (clean) in the dishwasher that I was going to put up when I got back from the pool.

4. There were some dirty dishes in the sink.

No one told me to clean the kitchen and I had people waiting so I didn't bother. I don't think I should have to stay home for a whole WEEK because of one slip up. That seems a little extreme to me.

I get good grades, I don't bully anyone, I try to control my step brother from being a jerk to my little brother, i don't smoke, i don't do drugs, i don't drink, if you ask me to do something I'll do it, i don't run around having sex, i don't curse, i make curfew, i don't argue with my parents over stuff (95% of the time and even then its nothing big just like "do i have to?")

I'm a good kid compared to my other friends so why do they act like I'm doing everything wrong if I make a small slip up with cleaning?

Gees.

My rant for the day. Lol.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No more than kids take good parents for granted.

Lex

3. I agree with you, my mom takes me and my two siblings for granted sometimes. We, all have good grades, stay out of drugs, smoking, alcohol etc. but, I think that it's just that everyone falls into a routine, parents relying on their kids to do things, just like kids rely on their parents to do things. So I think that as much as i feel i am being taken for granted, my parents probably feel the same way.
    Hope I helped :icon_wink:confused:

4. Bryan90

Funny thing is sometimes, parents hide their actual intentions of doing certain things.. Perhaps your parents didn't want you to go to the pool for specific reasons, and had to use the kitchen as an excuse?

5. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

Your parents sound emotionally abusive...

6. Jeimuzu

Some parents have bad days. They're only human, like the rest of us, and they're not always going to be fair. It is harsh, and it's a stupid punishment, too. Kids who go out and happily exercise should be encouraged in the modern world.

7. RGX Guy

RGX Guy Guest

Yeah. I think they were having a bad day.
    No they aren't emotionally abusive. Lol.

And I agree with Lex now. Sometimes I do take them for granted.

8. Jeimuzu

Yeah, although I really can think of quite a few parents who do take their kids for granted.