1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marriage and weddings

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hexagon, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Hexagon

What would you change? (Other than, in many cases, the laws surrounding same sex marriage. Duh). As in, what about the traditions, laws etc would you change if you had the ability. Both the institution and the ceremony.

Or, if you don't want to change the whole thing, what about your own wedding, if you want to get married ever?

I would change:

-Religion's power over the definition (in cases where they don't have actual power, they still act as if they do, and their opinions on the matter seems to carry weight)
    -The custom of a woman changing her name. Make it so it could be either, or just not do it at all.
    -The custom of a woman's father giving her away
    -The clothes. Everyone should wear jeans. (Okay, well at my wedding anyway).
    -The not-seeing-your-fiance-before-the-wedding
    -The ridiculous amount of money spent

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't want to get married but if i did I would like me and my bride to wear dresses that's all i ask i might wanna keep my last name but if hers sounds better i'll take hers .

3. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No compulsory dancing afterwards. We're not doing the hokey pokey, and this groom certainly won't be seen on the dance floor.

4. justjade

Damn straight. If there's one thing I dislike more than having to sit through a wedding, it's not being allowed to sit through the reception.

Personally, I don't like the whole concept of bridesmaids and groomsmen. I think that you should be able to choose whichever friends you want to stand by you at the altar and celebrate with you beforehand. I think the toasts during the reception are kind of awkward. I dislike them. I also think that the bride and groom should be able to wear whatever colors they want. I personally do not look good in white. Sue me.