1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Knitting

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Siarad, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Siarad

Anybody else love knitting?

My grandma taught me to knit when I was younger and I've loved it ever since. It took me a long time to learn how purl, though, because I knit left-handed even though I'm right-handed in all other ways.

I also want Dewthulu to tell me how he created the gaps and loops in the incredible piece of knitting in the 'How much of your sexuality defines you' thread. :eusa_clap

2. Valeyard

:lol:
    I learned from my Grandmother, after my mom picked it up again and I'd watched her do it everywhere. And now it's something to do with my hands whenever they're not busy doing something else.
    [​IMG]
    The gaps are actually part of the work being unfinished. It's called Entrelac knitting, and it's how you make the diamonds out of each color. You can do it with as many colors as you want. From one to however many you want to carry around (If you carry around your knitting projects).

3. Data

Data Guest

I don't knit, but I do crochet.

It used to be something I did when I felt anxious because it kept me moving and it was repetitive.

4. GayNerd

I don't always knit.
    But when I do, it's considered sewing.

5. leer

I remember my aunty Jo had this massive knitting machine a brother one it was that big it filled up half her spare bedroom she made me a scarf years ago I still have it .

6. justjade

Man, I need to learn how to do this. Kind of wish I would have paid more attention to those knitting shows on PBS. I make friendship bracelets, but I'm not very good.

7. Silver Sparrow

I'm working on a sweater right now! It's with very thin yarn, so it's taking forever.

8. Saint Otaku

All Hail Crochet. May the one forever trump the two! >:-D

9. GirlWhoWaited

MEEEE!!! OMG, I'm insanely excited that this thread exists. I'm working on a sweater and a pair of socks right now. I'm currently in love with lace knitting. So much fun, and so pretty. :slight_smile:

10. Tzoa

I love to knit, though to be honest I haven't knit anything in a long time. I've been so busy with classes. :frowning2: It especially sucks because it's getting cold and I have no mittens...

---------- Post added 7th Nov 2013 at 11:56 PM ----------

It took my hands longer to learn it than it took my brain. There are so many amazing videos for learning how to knit, you could teach yourself the basics in a weekend.

11. Jordy

i'm really trying hard to learn how to knit but i don't have the patience nor the skill for it i guess haha

12. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't have the patience for knitting or crocheting, but I'm sure my partner will try to get me into it at some point.