1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got a new vehicle!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Alexander69

So anyways I have my range rover which I absolutely love it's a great vehicle feels so safe, but I wanted a vehicle not so "pretentious" to say soooooo I got a Honda civic, I still have my range rover but I will only really use it when it's bad weather just because I know it more. But I'm really happy my parents let me get a Honda civic, I was actually in shock when they said if that's one of my presents for my birthday then they would get it for me. The vehicle is really nice I like it a lot, it's not as quiet but hey I have to say its been like a while since I drove a car being in my range rover and being higher up it feels weird driving A car again lol.

Anyone else have a new Honda civic? Any tips or warnings?

Sorry I'm just happy I thought people would be glad to hear in not driving a Mercedes or a range rover anymore (as much) and that I have a normal car! I did it haha in proud because I used to think "I would never not drive European luxury" and "Honda is crap" but I over came that and I think that's a huge step for me! Yay me! (!)

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're 18 and have two cars, one of which is a Range Rover? Dayum, you sound pretty wealthy XD.

I like Civics though; Honda makes a superb car. What year is it? My gf has a '03 that was very well taken care of by its first owner, so is basically new. It's a dark blue coupe, which is about my favorite three-word description for any car this side of "free, runs great." :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: My car's pretty decent, but I'm still jealous of hers lol.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Alexander, it's amazing that you're moving in this direction... and I have to say, it sounds like your parents are loosening up a tiny bit too, as I doubt they would have let you get a Honda a year or two ago.

Personally, I love hondas. I've driven one since I learned how to drive (a pretty long time ago), though I had a break for a couple years where I drove a VW Bus. They're reliable, fuel efficient, inexpensive to repair, and built to last... I have one that is 22 years old and still runs great!

4. Alexander69

I felt like instead of getting a Mercedes (over rated) even though I love love them I just want to be "normal" like I don't want people to look at me you know? I mean for a long time since I can remember I always wanted attention from people, now I'm just not caring as much, and I have to say it feels so nice I've even gone out with my hair not done I look tired I had a pimple but you know what yes it was HARD as hell at first and I was so uncomfortable and scared but people didn't care and I actually had a complement on my eyes which I was shocked because I thought I looked bad.

But over all I'm feeling more relaxed, I'm not letting my parents control me as much I love them but this is my life and I think after I bitched the shit out of them before their anniversary they could see how I was feeling, it wasn't the right thing to do..... Well maybe it was just not the way to do it, but honestly I needed to be done. And after that it hit me how "un" normal my family really is to the extreme, and I realized MY GOD I don't want to be like my parents ever I never never never want to be so arrogant and mean and uncaring towards people and my family like they are.

5. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know you're from a wealthy family, but I suggest you should move to make your own money and buy a car on your own means. That way you'll likely feel a better connection with the car, and a sense of earning it.

6. Zac

Zac

Agree with above