1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaydar training room

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by thatconfusedguy, Nov 9, 2013.

1. thatconfusedguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The steps to keening your gaydar

WHAT TO LOOK FOR
    1. Body language
    /does he,she tense up around certain people
    2.Eyes
    /The dead giveaway who does he,she
    3.overly defensive or homophobic
    /A tiebreaker

Anything to add?

2. prism

Asking that person if they're gay.

3. Data

Data Guest

Yup:

Their level of comfort concerning LGBT topics/things.

I was talking to one friend and I said "Oooooo that place looks like it's hopping! They're playing good music and it looks packed. I really wish I could go to the gay bar, but you gotta be 21. Too bad, so sad."

He looked me right on and said "Dude, I will totally get us fake IDs from a guy I know and I will go with you to the gay bar. I will be your wingman! We'll get you a hot guy to dance with!"

Previous to this, he had told me about the many girlfriends he had and how he almost had a baby but the mother chose to abort the pregnancy. He was genuinely upset as he told me this. So that, coupled with his extreme comfort and embrace of the idea of going to a gay bar with me, just screams *STRAIGHT STUD YOU WILL NEVER EVER BE ABLE TO HAVE!!!!*

In stark contrast, I have another friend who I suspect of being gay or at least queer in some form. He dresses all "swag like" and is very touchy feely with his male friends (but not me). I bring up something LGBT and he squirms. Very uncomfortable. It isn't homophobia, but I don't have an explanation for it.

However, no matter how hard you try, there will be people that set off the gaydar when they shouldn't and there will be people (like me) who will fly so low under it you'd never even know how much they like men. :slight_smile: The only sure fire way is to get them to say it.

4. RawringTiger

Check there body movement they might take a step closer and with there eyes just keep a watch they'll have a quick scan of your body if they think ur cute :slight_smile:

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Recently I've found that if you ignore a super hot straight guy (like one of my friends who I used to have a crush on) and just observe how other guys look at him, you will be surprised to find some are completely enraptured. My gaydar beeps even louder when the other guy realizes I'm observing him and proceeds to look at me curiously (my cover's been blown!).

Okay, I know some straight guys are just checking out the competition, but you can tell others have a kind of hunger in their eyes when viewing the hot guy.

6. RisingSun

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Find someone with a functioning gaydar and let him/her search for you. Problem solved!

7. thisisawug

^ This. I swear my gaydar is literally non-existent.

8. Miss Loopy

This tends to be my course of action:

[​IMG]

9. Tzoa

That sounds just like me before I realized I was bi. Even then I supported LGBT people and the right to marry, but being around lesbians made me squirm and I could not figure out why.

10. Johneh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My gaydar is usually way off. I don't have a good one. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. Data

Data Guest

Interesting...

Obviously there are also the body language and facial expresssions which I can't convey through a forum post. I just saw such a striking division between these two guys' behavior. One was willing to immerse himself in a gay club and be my wingman, and the other didn't even like talking about things LGBT. I think the one knows he is straight and is confident, while the other is experiencing some kind of internal guilt.

That's usually a good tell in my book.

For the record, the eyes are THE single best tell. If you watch a gay guy's eyes, you'll see him check out guys as they walk by, but not any women. You'll see how he chokes up when talking to a hot guy or his crush. I do it reliably. 100% of the time I say stupid things or laugh a lot. If you watch my eyes, I'll always check out a guy's ass when he walks away. Always!:eusa_doh:

12. Ticklish Fish

What's a gaydar? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but then maybe I just don't pay attention to other people checking out other people LOL.

My eyes are already full checking out people, :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. feistychihuahua

Out Status:
    Some people
    My gaydar consists of falling for gay men or straight women. Really, it never fails.

14. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a slang term for being able to tell if another person is gay or not. It's supposed to sound like 'radar'. Like, "Woah, I thought he was gay but he's straight - my gaydar must be broken!"

I think mine is broken, by the way. I'm stuck even when I'm in a gay bar.

15. Ticklish Fish

I forget my sarcasm tag since my gaydar is soo broken

16. Ridiculous

In this training room if you get it right do you get to them home as a prize.

17. Hrantou

There really is no sure way to tell unless you ask. These days, everyone is so different and comes from different backgrounds and places that you just never know.

My gaydar is usually wrong anyway. I just turn it off until I get a chance to find out for sure.

18. CupcakeKisses

Me too! I was in the only gay bar in my city with a gay male friend of mine and he was like "grab her"! I was way too scared to start dancing with her because a lot of straight LGBT supporters also go there, much like most of my straight friends. (And I have been WAYYY wrong before) So, I leave it to other people, even if gay bars, to come on to me. It's just easier that way.

19. Lipstick Leuger

Eye contact. Family usually holds eye contact for a longer period of time, at least a woman will. That is because a Lesbian does not play demure for a male as she does not see him as a viable mate. So, she will not have a problem with making all sorts of eye contact with him. It's percieved as agressive/dominate to straight men usually.

20. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ugh, this is me.

I'm pretty good at controlling myself, but I can't help checking out a guy's ass whenever they walk past. It's almost a habit. :rolle: