1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First weird reaction...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GArchi1992, Nov 10, 2013.

1. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I've been out to everyone for a while now, and while its no secret I don't feel the need to randomly spark up a conversation about it. Although if asked, I will tell....

Anyways, I was with a friend who I hadn't seen for a while yesterday and I just assumed that he knew I was gay. We got onto the subject of marriage and we were expressing our views and I said, "Well we've said that we don't feel marriage is necessary" (meaning me and my partner) and he said "We? You and your girlfriend...?"

To cut a long story short, I had to explain the whole thing to him, which wasn't awkward but it was just a shock because I wholeheartedly thought he knew, which he clearly didnt. Anyways, he appeared to be fine with it, why shouldn't he be after all, he is a good friend. But later on he was talking and asking me questions and he said...

"So now that you're gay, do you stand up or sit down to go the toilet?"

Now, I thought he was joking, but apparently he was deadly serious. So i just laughed and said nothing...

He then said

"well you clearly don't know if you're a guy or a girl do you. Guys like girls, guys don't like guys"

I was in a state of disbelief if I'm honest. I don't know what to make of it all, apart from it being absolutely hilarious.

Do people really still think about that about sexuality?

#1 GArchi1992, Nov 10, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  2. bitchyetough

Obviously he's a bit slow and needs a few biology lessons.

3. GayNerd

It seems to me that if he's serious about what he said to you, both times, if you want him to accept you, you'll most likely have to change his views on the subject. This would include explaining to him that not all men like women in a sexual way. As friends, everybody should like each gender, but not always sexually. You can add anything else you want to.
    I hope this helps. :smilewave

4. English Frenchman

Mate, sorry to say, your friend is as thick as two short planks.

5. Data

Data Guest

I'll be honest, there are still people who think the earth is flat. There are people who think it's hollow. There are people who believe the earth is 3000 years old because of the Bible (or is it 8000, IDK).

So, it is really easy to understand that your friend has these misguided notions of gender and sexuality.

Sorry. Maybe observing you will change his view. The whole "now that you're gay" is pretty common, and I always try to correct it when I hear it.

You could have said "I sit when I'm tired and I stand when I'm in a rush." Honestly that's how I do it. :icon_bigg I sit in the morning after getting out of bed because I'm still dizzy and tired. Hahaha When I'm in a rush, I'll stand and go out without washing my hands. My sister says "Ewwww what the hell, don't you wash your hands?!" I laugh and say "I don't piss on my hands. Sucks for you, you gotta use toilet paper. Sorry." :eusa_danc