1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Level N muses over weird things in this thread.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Level N Human, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Level N Human

I got the song "You are my Sunshine" stuck inside my head. I imagined myself singing it like a doofus to the object of my affections - head cocked to the side, probably in a J.D. of "Scrubs" type manner. It went like this:

You are my sunshine
    My only sunshine
    When you're not happy
    My Skies are gray
    ?????
    ?????
    Please don't take
    My sunshine away

I realized that I should probably know the lyrics before I pretend to confess my undying love to a figment of the object of my affections. So I Googled the lyrics:

You Are My Sunshine
    My only sunshine.
    You make me happy
    When skies are grey.
    You'll never know, dear,
    How much I love you.
    Please don't take my sunshine away

So far so good.

The other nite, dear,
    As I lay sleeping
    I dreamed I held you in my arms.
    When I awoke, dear,
    I was mistaken
    And I hung my head and cried.

Wait what? ... I always thought this was a happy song! I am now disappointed and depressed. And it goes downhill from there. D: My goofy daydream has suddenly turned into a depressive account of an all-too-honest narrative prologue to the situation.

Curiosity made me a sad panda.

I guess I will just stick to having her on my mind when I doodle.
    [​IMG]

2. pirateninja

Hmmm.... it's weird when songs have different meanings than what you originally thought... can't think of any at the moment, seeing as they nearly all have dirty undertones, and I have a dirty mind... :lol:

3. jazzrawr

Ohh man, i had one of those moments today...
    I used to listen to the Vengaboys music when i was a kid, cause it was all upbeat and such;
    but I listened to Boom Boom today for the first time in a looong time,
    and i was like :O
    Its all about sex!! XD
    and now i listen to it more. XD

4. Level N Human

For you I have an overtly dirty one with an innocent theme.

As for jazzrawr (awesome-awesome name by the way), how can you not know the song is about bangin'? Boom boom is practically the sound of sex in the room. The only way it could be more overt is bang bang, but then that could also be a pistol shot and there's already a song called "Bang Bang" by Nancy Sinatra... Ohhh forget it.

As for today's rabble:

Love as fate is a bunch of balogna (or baloney if you prefer to be phonetically sympathizing). I'm not being cynical. In fact I think I'm leaning towards schmaltzy, just wait a minute I'm getting there.

I'm saying that if you weren't "meant to be" with someone, but you love them and push through despite it, doesn't that show a lot more commitment and willingness to learn from one another - rather than chalking it up to some ethereal pre-decided future? I think so. I don't fall in love because it just happens, or because I can't help being an agent in some uncontrollable reaction. Like a molecule right? Blindly acting up in the heat of the moment, steering into unavoidable chaos. That's not me - I don't want to. I love simply because I love.

Does that make sense?

5. Level N Human

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dftu3RIHmD4[/YOUTUBE]

Today, all I can muse over is how Audrey Hepburn can be look so absurd and graceful at the same time.

(muse)

(muse)

(muse)

Seductive and spazzy and jazzy...

6. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This song makes me think of a boy I loved... who just vanished... :frowning2:

7. Trumpetplyer23

I seriously think I have the dirtiest mind ever....You can say any word and I'll turn it into something perverted, without even trying.

For example, I was watching "Spongebob Squarepants" and he made a picture of him and Squidward playing "Leap Frog" and he goes "Look, you're on bottom", then he redrew the picture and said "Look, you're on top this time". And of course, I took it the perverted way.