1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you been bullied because of sexual orientation/ gender Identity

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by The_Poets, Nov 11, 2013.

1. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    As the title says have you been bullied because of sexuality/ gender identity?

2. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yep. sometimes I think my female half emerged thanks to all the bullying I endured.

Life is tough for an INFJ male...

3. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've been called gay or f****t but then again so has everyone in my school

4. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I still do, though it's more like petty quips and insults from strangers online more than anything else. I've given up on trying to distinguish people being a-holes and generally perceiving me to be different "that way" long ago. It just doesn't matter anymore.

5. GayNerd

Yes, over Facebook. This guy 'N' is SUPER homophobic though claims he isn't. :/ And, I even told him some very secretive secrets that I have. And if I'm not nice to him, he'll post them all over the Internet.

He says things like 'Calm down, your nails are still drying.' and 'You're such a gay pansy'. These are just 2 of the many homophobic jokes he makes and sometimes still makes. I've reported the conversation, but nothing happened to him. I've unfriended him, but if I Block him, he'll still post the secrets on the Internet.

Sadly, my brother knows and even participates in the homophobic jokes sometimes.. :/ My parents would never believe me if I told them what my brother does. :/

6. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think I was any more than your average middle schooler back when everyone called everyone gay. Currently, if anyone suspects that I'm bi they haven't let on and they certainly don't bully me now. I guess that's one of the good things about growing up.

7. Techno Kid

Do you know this guy IRL? If he goes to your school maybe you could talk to admin. about him?

As to the OPs question, I have never been bullied for those reasons. I have been bullied for being in "retard classes" and for being generally weird though. :|

#7 Techno Kid, Nov 11, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  8. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Beat him up

9. GayNerd

He used to go to my brother's high school. Now he's living over 100 miles from me.

10. Techno Kid

I don't know what you could do, sorry. :frowning2:

11. The_Poets

If I were you I would delete your account and make a new one with him blocked. How much older than you is he?

12. GayNerd

It's okay. I do have friends at school who care about me. Oddly, more than my family. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. The_Poets

I have been harassed when I was younger now it's mostly creepy guys flirting with me and one homophobic girl in the locker rooms who wants to slap the gay out of me ( she would never actually harm me though)

14. Tzoa

I was bullied when I was younger. A friend and I were called "disgusting lesbians" and other names. The whole neighborhood refused to play with us, or when we were invited to play, it would end up being a trick where we were the butt of their jokes. We were seven, and as far as I knew at the time I was straight. I had no idea (and still have no idea) why they targeted me and my friend.

15. Projectfabulous

I was bullied pretty heavily. The most was probably in 7th grade. It happened every day and, at the end of the year, kids wrote "Flaming HOMO" in my yearbook. 8th grade it started getting less and less. And ever since I got to highschool, people have pretty much stopped (Although I'm not out, but it's pretty obvious, according to my friends....and me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ). I may here something every now in then, but it's just a stupid side comment that I won't let bother me.

16. Oddish

Oddish Guest

As the only open trans person in my public high school, yes. It was a given.

I was always verbal and knew the right thing to say to make douchebags back off, but it didn't make me feel any more secure or safe, if that makes sense. I'm fortunate that chapter of my life is done and over with and I can finally move onto much better things.

17. Foxface

Not for being bi per se...but for my strongly femme side. I get it all the time. I pretend I am above it and most days I am but some times it drills me and leaves me hurt

Foxface

18. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's almost impossible for it not to register.

In the end of high school and early university setting, I would describe it as avoidance for not being cool and having a delay in acquiring more confidence and better social skills. How I warmed up to them is beyond me. I think I know. There's a story. It got way better with grad school where, instead, a select few people were suspicious and uptight, but I don't believe this attitude was universally the case among my classmates. Many people there were very cool toward me.

In the workforce, it has gotten worse, though not recently. Once passing the 40 marker in some real conservative employers, the harassment, both snide and through comments which could be considered overt, made it difficult and it was because they hired "someone else." I really believe they felt I duped them. How's that? By being my fairly normal, conventional self who just happens to also eschew the institution of marriage?

Yes. I really understand what an issue this is. It makes functioning harder.

19. Bright Eyes

Surprisingly, no. I'm not very out at school (only some nice friends know). I'm surprised more people don't guess-- I don't wear make up, shave my legs, nor have I ever been with a boy, but I guess this just gets written off as me being the nerd that I am.

20. Alexander69

...... I was bullied horribly for a long time....... Something that I have tried to keep to my self my parents knew about the bullying I had when I was young. They tried to help, but people will bully no matter what be it you are gay, fat, skinny, short, tall, skin colour, you just can't stop people.

Just remember to keep you head up high and remember you are not alone in this, reach out for help tell an adult (teacher,parents, friends) but remember you will be ok life gets better I know it may seem hard and like it won't buy it will, I head that gay teens are much more likely to commit suicide then heterosexual teens, it breaks my heart how someone can feel no way out, I've had that feeling but it gets better, I hope if you are reading tho and feeling suicidal know that I care for you, you may not know me personally but I know how you are feeling and it gets better, talk to someone, there is help out there,

"it's hard living with a teen............. It's harder living without one"

That's a saying I saw on a commercial it's so true, my heart breaks when I think that people are bullied and tormented to the end where they don't want to live.
    You are a survivor!!!! YOU WILL MAKE IT life will through you curve balls but remember you are going to get through it, you are beautiful inside and out don't worry about what people say they will try to bring you down the best way to get back at them is to ignor it and move forward! They will always be unhappy with their life but you can move on!!

Be strong you are beautiful, I care for you :slight_smile: don't let bullying get you down!