1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WOOHOO! Finally got my drivers license!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sully, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Sully

I finally got of my arse and went for my license and got it! I haven't gone for a solo drive yet but I will this afternoon! So excited to be able to take myself to the beach in summer whenever I want!

2. TheStrongestLink

Your wallet shall be weeping tears of blood at the gas pump.

3. Techno Kid

YAY! Good job! ^ ^

4. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations. I remember when I got my driving licence. The best feeling ever lol. Now I wish I had a car. >_>

5. Skov

Congrats! I absolutely love to drive! Just please: wear your seatbelt always and don't text and drive (or drink and drive, but I think that goes without saying)!

6. Sully

Just got back from my first solo drive and it felt pretty great. I felt more comfortable and safer than with an accompanying driver! And I promise to always wear a seatbelt and not to use my phone!

I only live 5 minutes from beatiful, clean, and quiet beaches :wink:

7. Data

Data Guest

Congrats!

I remember when I got my license in HS. I got it a year late because I didn't want to drive. My other friends were all pumped up ready to get their permits and I just sat back like "meh". One friend told everyone he knew how to drive like a pro and that he walked in and got his license on the first try. He then proceeded to get into 2 wrecks with a month. :slight_smile: I got into my first wreck (not my fault. Tboned by some fucking idiot) within a year of getting my license. Then I rearended someone (questionable but rearend is always your own fault) about 9 months later. A year ago I was riding my motorcycle when a pickup pulled in front of me. I was doing 40 MPH and hit him right on his pass side fender. Beat me up real good and broke a bunch of bones. He took off and left me in the middle of the street.

If I have learned ANYTHING since getting my license, it is that things happen SO FUCKING FAST you can't afford to distract yourself or not pay attention at all times. I have a slight PTSD in regard to cars, but I do like driving alone and when there isn't too much traffic.

Drivers in Tucson suck so much. It's truly appalling. The snowbirds have just landed and they are fucking things up pretty severely...

8. Alexander69

Lol driving is over rated, crazy drivers out there :O be a smart driver! And congrats! I remember when I got my license I was so happy, now it's like just a way of life lol you get so used to it.

9. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No kidding. Where I'm at, the drivers are beyond terrible, and they're usually old people.

Anyway, congratulations!

10. leer

got mine @ 17 it`s one of them moments that Id never forget . it gave me so much independence .