1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This display of compassion just made my day...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Joanne, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Joanne

[YOUTUBE]ZrEZwkJ_Vmw[/YOUTUBE]

2. TheMailman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There really ARE good people out there! But...why the scary clown masks? So that they don't get recognition/praise for their good deeds, to show they only want to help without personal gain?

3. Split Arrows

This is simply amazing. Brought a tear to my eye.

---------- Post added 12th Nov 2013 at 12:27 PM ----------

The Guy Fawkes mask is because they are members of the "social revolution" group "Anonymous". They wear the masks any time they are on camera because they are committed to the idea of change and not for recognition.

They have posted and done some questionable things in the past, but what this faction has done is simply wonderful.

4. English Frenchman

This is why I love Morocco so much. People in France and Spain and other Mediterranean countries think Moroccans are nothing more than immigrants and thieves. Morocco is one of my favorite countries in the world. Nothing beats the compassion you find in Chefchaouen. Or the fire in the hearts of merchants in Marrakech or the politeness of people in Ifran.
    So great to finally see the country get some props.

5. Joanne

They are wearing the masks because they are part of the leaderless collective movement known as anonymous, i believe the mask is used to represent unity and actions as a whole and to remove the cancer known as ego etc, the masks initially started as the anon movement begun with a world protest against how scientology scilences people, because it came from the same place as memes the natrual evolution was for them to adopt the v for vendetta mask, more info can be found

here Anonymous (group) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

and here V for Vendetta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And a summary of notable acts done under the banner of anon in 2012

[YOUTUBE]NPkdyedMzOw[/YOUTUBE]

#5 Joanne, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013