1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breast growth beef jerky? lol

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Joanne, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Joanne

Finally found beef jerky that has no msg in it today, ive been looking for jerky without it in for years, and when looking at the ingredients i noticed it had an ingredient in it that I remember reading about that's used for other things...

The last ingredient was fenugreek, which is a herb used in food, obviously, but is also supposedly used to encourage natural breast growth and encourage lactation.

I'm going to assume there's not enough used to affect the body, I just thought it was an interesting thing I thought I'd share..

2. Generally you have to consume A LOT during a longer period of time, for herbs to have any sort of noticeable effect on your body, unless their poisonous of course.

3. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    This sounds like the same nonsense people disseminate about soy; according to them, soy has some mysterious ingredient that boosts the levels of estrogen in men, thereby feminizing them.

How I wish that were true, because that would assist with the process of maintaining a feminine appearance, while not detracting from my male appearance. It's not true though.

4. That just sounds like something vegan haters would says to make fun of vegan men XD

5. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yep. I get that all the time from the anti-vegans. I know they specialize in misrepresenting the facts, and insulting, but it's too unbelievable and low, even for them.

6. I love how many people think vegans and vegetarians are annoying because they are suppose to be in your face about their views, and yet I've never talked about my views unless asked, and a lot of anti-vegetarians are giving me speeches about how wrong my views are. XD

7. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hah! I know right? I don't even like to talk about veganism irl. I don't like shopping at Whole Foods, because the cashiers occasionally ask about my diet when I go. There's a stigma about vegans being flamboyant with their diets, but that isn't true for me or any other vegans I know.

The ones who are abrasive and murderously intolerant aren't the vegans. It's the anti-vegans who make it a point to start flame wars whenever a vegan mentions that they're vegan.

8. Ridiculous

It's because soy does contain estrogen and people see that and jump to conclusions. It's plant phytoestrogen though, so it isn't going to have much effect on humans.

9. I have known a terrible vegetarian did fit the stereotype, and once met one online who hated meat-eaters, like The Westboro church hates homosexuals, but I've met a lot more anti-vegetarians. So I'd at least say the scales are very imbalanced.

10. Sarcastic Luck

I've met my fair share. I recall several years ago mentioning that I raised meat goats, which is simply a type. I had one person accuse me of hovering over the animals, waiting for them to die so that I could eat them. Which prompted an argument over how horrible I was because I like meat.

The conversation wasn't even about dietary preferences. There were actually several like that on that forum.

11. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    If you think about it, the feelings of intolerance for meat eaters aren't exactly wanton, but the WBC's feelings about homosexuals are. But unlike most I don't really care about the WBC and some of the antics they pull can be funny. I also believe they have every right to protest without being coerced into silence.

In my experience meat eaters are the only ones who get violent, not us. Whether it be irl, or online, they're the ones who flame vegans most often. I've never lost a debate about animal rights, and I can tell you that once you flatten their arguments, they resort to personal attacks rather than conceding. Maybe your friend has had similar dealings. Understandably, he dislikes them for that.

12. Well the one I knew in person was just the kind of vegetarian that'd comment on anything that she could possibly relate to the issue and point out why she was superior.
    And the one online was just someone I briefly had an argument with on a forum, and that person was just horrible, they claimed that meat-eaters had a bunch of characteristics that had nothing to do with eating meat at all, like lazy and retarded, and felt that vegetarians needed to enforce their believes on everyone and ironically called meat-eaters narrow minded.

13. Joanne

Something people who don't eat meat for reasons regarding cruelty and not wanting to kill animals etc seem to not notice is that plants are alive too, just because plants can't move etc and are built differently in some key ways why should they get any different treatment, surely shouldn't all living things get the same equal treatment? Since plants have a completely different system to us we can't possibly know what its like to be them and to be harvested and eaten, especially since they have no ability to display any emotion they may or may not experience.

And since you can't eat rocks, that leaves only one option, to only eat food that has been harvested/killed in the most humane way possible with as little suffering involved as possible, or if that's not possible put all your efforts into fighting for more humane conditions for the beings that we eventually end up eating. Eating wild meats is one path I can think of to achieve the first option without cutting out meat alltogether, as they would have had amazing natural lives in their natural habitat without any tampering.

Its all part of how the universe works, nothing is wasted, its all reused, the circle of life is just a more local example of it. Which is why when I die I don't want any preservation efforts to be used on my corpse, and I want to allow flora and fauna to dine upon me as I have dined upon them, return my energy back into the system. Preservation attempts of our corpses just tries to fight this very important process of recycling all things.

I will note however, I'm all for not eating meat or other foods if there's a functional reason, such as health reasons or its more convenient, for example if I went to live off the land I would focus on plants only and grow all I need to sustain myself as its more convenient than farming animals.

More importantly though, doing anything more than sharing information is a waste of time and potentially a form of abuse, similar to how organized religion tries to force their belief system on others. We can only truly form opinions and preferences for ourselves through detailed understanding and research. Forcing yourself or others to do things simply doesn't and won't ever change anything, understanding is key.

#13 Joanne, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  14. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Ethically superior? Can't argue against that. There's no reason not to vegan.

If I had the power I would ban eating meat in a heartbeat. In doing so we could fix the obesity pandemic in a heartbeat.

15. Hexagon

Plants lack a nervous system. It is impossible for them to feel pain, have desires etc. Regardless, even if plants were to somehow feel pain, eating them would still be less cruel, and the amount of plant needed to feed all the animals to feed humans is greater than the amount needed if humans simply ate plants.

16. Humans are omnivores, and I respect peoples right to choose for themselves. I can accept that people eat meat, many animals eat meat and that's just how it is, however I think that animals should have the most healthy and joyful life possible, so I do have a problem with things like caged chickens etc.. And some people aren't even capable of becoming vegetarian because they can't absorb the protein from vegetarian sources, and with some diseases it can be very hard to satisfy all your nutritional needs.

17. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    While it is undeniable that animals eat meat, they don't trap them for months before eating them, so that argument goes out the window in light of that.

For the animals on factory farms, the best day in their lives is when they're killed, because that means relief after a life of misery.

As for humans being omnivores, that just isn't true. For most of our duration we've been vegetarian, and nowadays it's far less difficult to be vegan. You have meat substitutes, you have blogs that can provide guidance to switch to a vegan lifestyle, you have whole Foods. Seeing as humans have mostly been vegan, the idea that they can't absorb protein from plant-based foods is patently false.

18. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I blame my rather large chest to eating beef jerky. And nachos. And pancakes. And cookies. And...

Lex

19. Homo Sapiens have always eaten meat, our ancestors started eating meat at least 1.5 million years ago. Our evolution has made our digestive system a lot worse at extracting plant protein, that why our wisdom teeth and appendix are useless now. Some people, especially people with digestive issues, cannot obtain enough protein from plants, some can't even eat too many plants because the fibers can be painful to digest and therefore have to eat meat, eggs or milk, that are a lot easier to absorb, in order to sustain themselves.

I know this because I have a chronic illness in my digestive system, and I couldn't be vegan because it'd cause to much discomfort and I already have a greater risk of becoming anaemic. My doctors and dietitian even recommend eating meat, but I at least stick to being vegetarian.

20. Data

Data Guest

I'll just jump in and say that I have pretty bad IBS-D. I can't eat insoluable fiber. If I eat a salad, I get gas and cramps followed by watery BMs. I can't even put lettuce on my BLT. I can't eat whole grain bread because the husk of the wheat is insoluable.

So you can't just ban meat and say everyone wpuld be healthy. I eat lots of meat every day because that's one of the things I can easily digest. Chicken and turkey are usually what I eat. I no longer eat beef because it has a tendancy to give me gas and could ignite a flareup.

If you banned meat, I'd put a bullet in my head and call it a day. There is already SO SO much that I can't eat. Meat is my go-to protein.