1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think your interesting?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Fan of Tessen, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Fan of Tessen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I was thinking about something… When it comes to finding a suitable partner there are several things people take into consideration, and that list varies from each person. For me it’s not all about looks, the one thing that I want to find is someone who shares similar interests, with me which leads me to my next point.

Now even though I’ve never been in a relationship there is one thing that I kind of fear about being in one. I’m a very simple person with simple interest, (in no particular order) I like watching anime, playing video games and making art. I worry that because I’m not a thrill seeking person my partner would get bored of me easily. Now don’t get me wrong I’m not afraid to try new things, but with that being said you won’t see me watching any scary movies or going on any rollercoaster’s, and camping with the bugs… forget about it.

I’d also like to add that because of my crazy random work schedule, It’s not like I can do any sort of adventuring, or just go to the gym :slight_smile:dry: but that’s ok I don’t like the gym anyway lol).

So people of EC have you ever felt like you’d have a hard time finding someone because of your interests? Or feared you might be boring to other people? :confused:

2. Hexagon

I worry that my partners won't share my main interest, philosophy. Few people seem to, unfortunately.

3. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My god, if I got with someone like me, I might be questioning my own sanity after a while. Oh wait, I already do.

4. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends. My interests are literature (mostly classics and modern books with a real message, such as Girl with the Dragon Tattoo), music (baroque to rock), feminism, international relations, poverty and animal rights, human relations, and philosophy. Oh, and chemistry is something I'm fascinated in, but know little about. I can also talk about sport, food, fashion and interior design with almost as much interest; what fun's life without a bit of frivolity?

5. English Frenchman

I would never be so arrogant or so pretentious as to assume I was interesting. I just know I’ve had certain life experiences that differ from others. Interest is subjective. What one person might find interesting the other would find a complete bore. Of course, I wouldn’t be looking for a person that would it a bore. But I digress.
    I would, however, say of myself that I’m open to almost anything. As long as it doesn’t entail one of my phobias, I’m willing to try it. A prime example is me running with the bulls this summer in Spain.
    Finding someone according to your interests also varies widely on your location. The people in London who share my most important interests are a dime a dozen (Philosophy, Music, Art, Literature and others). However here in Benin, it is a desert wasteland. No one knows who Canaletto is or what Nietzsche’s Nihilism means. As they say in the housing industry, location, location, location.

6. Hrantou

Well said. I don't think I'm interesting but my boyfriend thinks I am and my friends seem to think it too so hey I go with it. I'm just a normal 21 year old guy really.

7. English Frenchman

To have Others (in the general sense of everyone) tell you that you’re interesting is one thing. To come to the conclusion yourself is completely different. Your own opinion of yourself is going to be biased in most cases. Rare is the man who can objectively look at himself and correctly gauge his interest to others. As Merlau-Ponty said, Others are our first direct contact with ourselves. They give us objective, non biased opinions of who we are. If they say we interesting, it is because, to them, we are.

8. kenm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    People get surprised when they find out about my interests - that's the only interesting thing

9. Thedistra

I would say I'm strange, maybe interesting depending on that person's interests.

10. justjade

I think I'm pretty damn interesting, but probably just to me.

11. timo

Probably not. But, seeing I have quite a bit of friends, apparently there are people who think I am.

12. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Really?? I thought majority of people have an interest in Philosophy :confused:

---------- Post added 13th Nov 2013 at 11:16 PM ----------

Well.. I'd like to think so.

13. Sitri

Sometimes I feel I have no personality. I am known in some circles as "he who knows random trivia". Those circles are my closest friends and family. My interests are just hobbies, I love classical music but I couldn't tell you what piece it is by listening. I like video games, but I mainly like games none of my friends have heard of.

14. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I'm about as interesting as chipped paint personally, but people reassure me that I'm not.

15. ThatOneHuman

Out Status:
    All but family
    I've been told I'm interesting, though most people have told me I'm crazy. Which, I don't think I'm that interesting, but I do think that crazy fits me pretty well, in a more playful manor than a serious one.

In fact, most of my friends introduce me as their "crazy friend" or "my friend who knows tons of random facts." They even made me a shirt that says, "Queen of Random Facts."

Though, I don't think I'm "interesting" enough for people to care to be my friend. But, apparently quite a few people think I'm fun to be around. So, what do I know? Ha.​

16. BornInTexas

I'm more weird than interesting.

17. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    don't worry, there are loads of people with similar interests to you, the adventurous folk just draw more attention to themselves so they're more noticable.

18. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know how interesting I am, but I think my overall slate of attributes and interests is different than that of most people.

That said, some people do not like me because I don't want to or just refuse to follow what everyone else does just because everyone else is doing it, while my real friends like that I'm individualistic, and they affirm that part of my personal style.

19. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't, but a lot of people apparently do, though whether they're just saying that to flatter me, or out of genuine honesty is still a matter of speculation. None of my exes shared all the same interests, and that kept things fun and unpredictable, since we were coming from two very different places.

20. Oxelotl

Unless you like very specific knowledge about very specific things then God no. Never. If anyone finds me interesting I'll assume they're insane :slight_smile:

I interest mainly in sarcastic or 'witty' comments. But that's barely anything