1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help fast!!!! Student council opening & ending

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TheMrFatcow, Nov 13, 2013.

1. TheMrFatcow

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So i want to change my opening and ending for my student council to make it more professional here they are now:

Let's see ahhhh. Oh ya that thing. No wonder i'm talking in a microphone for some reason - opening, i want it to be a joke or true statement

So how's life, good, bad, maybe so, i don't know, hey ho, ting tang walla bing bang. Wow! i am weird. Vote for me.... Thank you. - closing. I want to summarize it all but give a ummph to it.

The topic is about running for the Student council treasurer if you could give me examples AS SOON AS POSSIBlE that would be helpful. Thank you... (by 2 hours)

---------- Post added 13th Nov 2013 at 07:41 PM ----------

---------- Post added 13th Nov 2013 at 07:48 PM ----------

bump

2. LD579

Er, I honestly think people would find it hard to take you seriously with that speech.

I suggest you edit it to be serious and professional, and give examples of events that people may look forward to, which you'd do your best to make happen. While that route may not be your style, I bluntly believe it'll garner more votes than your current speech.

3. photoguy93

I remember that I used to want to do speeches like that. I tried to be funny and tried to just be silly...it never worked. Granted, I wasn't going to win anyways, but it was almost embarrassing.

So one time, I had a speech team member look my stuff over, and she said to take all the frill out. So...I did! That's definitely helped me so much.

You can still keep your personality in. Don't be so boring as to making it a "hi, I'm bob and I want you to vote for me." Just make it professional (with a little kick) and don't play on being self conscious, as it seems with the one you have right now.