1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Funny thing happened today...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CupcakeKisses, Nov 13, 2013.

1. CupcakeKisses

So, I was at my college and we're doing this fundraiser for united way. I was selling tickets to win a trip for 2 to Cancun, Orlando or Vegas. I'm just in the process of coming out to everyone at school so I found this kinda funny. I was walking around the schools cafeteria with my co-volunteerer(?) and I asked a group of guys if they would like to support united way by buying tickets to win a trip. The guys went nuts! lol They were saying things like "I'll buy tickets if you will come with me." I laughed and politely said no and they were still bugging me about it. We ended up selling 20 tickets to these guys, but still. I felt so uncomfortable in that situation that I just laughed it off. Has anyone else here been in a similar situation where you're being hounded by someone (or a group)? What did you say to get them to stop?

2. method

If you're a pretty girl, a group of guys doing this isn't unusual (especially if you're asking a favour of them). It's just all the testosterone. I wouldn't consider them to be 100% serious. You handled it just fine :slight_smile:

3. CupcakeKisses

Thanks kidnz! :slight_smile:

4. Silver Sparrow

I'm sorry you had to deal with that.

5. Im Wyatt

Out Status:
    Some people
    Wasup cutes'... :wink:

6. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This girl won't leave me alone! She has a crush on me but I don't nor do I see her that way; shes just a friend. She knows that I don't like her like that and I already told her if I said or did anything that might have led her to believe we could be more than friends, I was sorry and that was never my intention. After all that was said she told me that I didn't do anything to lead her on and she even claims I wouldn't be able to handle her even if I did like her. Yet she is still persistent on flirting, touching, and throwing herself all over me. Not wanting to be a dick I usually just laugh and gently get her off me and although I want to run away in the opposite direction I don't I figure its better to be civil so I stay and have a conversation. My patience is runing thin; the constant touching, flirting, and tackling me when ever she sees me is becoming more irritating by the second. I've been civil and nice about this whole situation but I do not know what else I can do to get her to stop.

7. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never been in a situation like this before, but laughing it off, and still being able to get them to buy tickets, is pretty good! :slight_smile:

8. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

One answer could have been, "Sure I'll come, if I can bring my girlfriend!" Although with a group like that, the idea of having two lesbians along for the trip might be even more appealing. You could always add on, "But you have to watch out for her, she's extremely jealous and she's a black belt."

Then wink and walk away.

9. method

You're welcome :slight_smile:

10. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not sure if this is the right advice, but maybe you could tell her that you would like to be friends with her but if she keeps touching you, you won't be able to any more. And then follow through with it and if she carries on, be like, "Okay, I'm leaving now," and from then on just say a polite but curt "Hello" and don't stay to chat out of politeness. I'm sure she doesn't mean any harm, but you shouldn't have to put up with it and there's no need to keep being nice to her if she won't respect your wishes.