1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's in choir?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by smartstuff1508, Jun 11, 2008.

1. smartstuff1508

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Who's in choir here? I know like 80% of you are, I mean come on! lol. What part are you? I'm a bass 1 (baritone). I'm a huge choir geek. I want to be a tenor but it's not that easy, I'm taking vocal lessons.

2. LowestVocal017

Oh, the darn good ole days of high-school choir. It's something I hold dear to me. Community college choirs are very amateurish and even kind of a joke sometimes. The choirs that I participated here in my community college is one of the better ones around, but still, I don't think it matched the high-quality choirs (not to mention professional!) back in my high-school. I'll never forgot the family that I created with these wonderful singers who too had to move onto college and onto life as adults, and I most definitely will not forget the wonderful choral director who acted like a father in music to us. He was one of the best around. He truly was.

I sang second bass in high-school. Throughout the years of my musical career, I've learned that I'm a strong choral 2nd bass but a solo baritone. It's interesting, however, that my vocal passage (I'm not just talking about the throat area, but the ENTIRE thing) is stuffed with HARD mucus. I feel it in areas where it's impossible to remove it by myself. When I sing solo, it hurts after 20 minutes. I mean, if I sing baritone, I'm heard much better. But could that only be because of the stuffiness? I strongly believe so. Many music people who I converse with note my tone of voice is closer to a bass than a baritone. Also, there are rare occasions when I'm not stuffy, and I sound good singing solo BASS; during those times, I can go WAY done there on the keyboard.

That said, I could be a true natural bass conditioned to be a baritone because of whatever reason that's causing the stuffiness. It may simply be a bodily response to the environment in the air. Because I'm asian and my ancestral root has no relations to the America's or any areas of the west, it could be that respiratory track is not use to the air that I'm breathing and is responding with gunk that really shouldn't be all in there (and again, I'm not just talking about the throat area. My problem is located deeper than that).

3. RENThead

i was in the choir when i was at school. (last year)
    im looking at finding one now, but they are all adults, elderly people....

i was in 3 choirs, and sang 3 diffferent parts in each. (tennor, alto, and sap 1)
    i do alot of theatre and musicals, so i have a fairly big range, and what i couldnt hit, i could use my head/chest voice for it..

go the choirs!!

on tv in australia atm we are about to have a series called 'battle of the choirs' that should be fun:slight_smile:

4. Daniel

I am the section leader and the choir leader.

I am the best.

The teacher went on vacation and I led the choir (I really did) for 1½ weeks.

5. Psychedelic Bookmarks

I'm in a Church choir. I'm soprano and I have a bronze RSCM award if that means anything. I'm hoping to take my silver award exam in a few months.

6. Time

I'm in choir. I do much better on bass, but I'm a tenor. =/

7. Hoppip

I hate choir.
    And I'm not in it.

8. Trumpetplyer23

If I could sing, I'd be in choir, but I prefer band, thank you very much.

I love my choir friends though, they are the best.

9. Hoppip

I thought that said, "I love my choir friends the least."

And I said to myself, "Awww."

But really. I was in choir for a year, I dunno why, I'm TONEDEAF. I hated it.

10. Davey

I am in our schools Select Choir.
    don't now how i made that.
    I am also in our schools Show Choir.
    again not sure how i made it.

I am a Tenor/Bass...i guess they call it a baritone.

i don't really know much about music but i love to sing in dance. I also go out for our schools musicals every year. this year i got a minor lead and was so happy!

11. Chamber of Life

YES!!!
    I'm in choir and in a quartet, I'm the section leader for the baritone section. Buts this years choir went to SHIT!

12. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I used to be the only male in my old church's choir, but that ended several years ago when I stopped going to church.

13. smartstuff1508

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm comfortable with Bass 2, Bass 1, and Tenor 2. If the conditions are right, I can sing Tenor 1, but I'm not so sure if I'm meant to hit those notes. I'd say I have a fairly good range for being in choir for only a year and a half, and I'm only 15. I'm glad my friend tricked me into getting that class. lol

14. SRSLYMARK

Oh, choir, how I loveth thee.

I joined choir this past school year and I got to be baritone section leader for our mixed choir (the introductory choir that all freshmen have to take before advancing). Next year I'll be a part of concert choir (the advanced choir), as well as Madrigal Singers and Men's Ensemble.

I sing bass 1 or bass 2, whichever they need me on. I cannot and WILL NOT sing tenor, because I'm a diva like that. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. NathanHaleFan

Yes, in the select choir. I sing Bass, or Baritone, or possibly Tenor 2 if the director wants me to, but only if it's easy. Range from Bass E to a G above middle C I think?

I arrange many of the songs that we sing. :thumbsup:

16. Leigh

Leigh Guest

i cant sing for toffee.

wish i could. think everyone else does too lol. ahh i try .....

17. shakerdancee

Oh hell no. Band, please.

18. Bevo

Bevo Guest

i'm in choir (or vocal ensemble as it is called) and i'm a tenor but i'd have to be more of a band geek

19. sexyalex

I was in school Chior till i got kicked out cuz i missed a couple rehersals for cheerleading *meh* :dry:

but i am also i chruch chior....or atleast, youth chior :grin:
    It used to be all boys but i just thoght that was sexist and as the youth advisor to the preist of my church i made them allow girl in which made me feel MUCH comfortable having a soprano voice.

most of the guys here are base and below and if i try hitting a base note i crackel and if i try going higher than soprano, i screetch(however voice training with a few songs i wrote has made a bit difference but nothing much...just breathing techniques). :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

I was, but since I was absent so much the teacher kicked me out :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I'm a tenor