1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone at college used Gender Neutral Housing or Gender Inclusive Housing?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tayb24, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Tayb24

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I just got accepted to the university I applied to for the spring semester, and I am trying to decide what housing I want. I will probably either get a single, or apply for Gender Inclusive Housing so that I can have a room mate.

I know that these programs exist at various schools throughout the country so I was wondering if anyone here had used something like this before and what your experience was like and whether it was positive or negative.

So if anyone has experience with this, a short detailing of your experience would be nice =).

2. Mysz

Following this because I'd be interested in this in the future, if the parents make it possible. My resident hall is the nicest on campus and here the gender neutral hall is the furthest away from everything (way to go in making minorities feel included, college :dry: ) but hopefully it is a refreshing atmosphere there, where you can be whatever gender on whatever day and not face trouble.

3. antimacy

I don't think my university was trying to be inclusive when they made these rules, but almost all the buildings on my campus are gender-neutral. Some have a gender-specific floors within the building, but in general they're pretty inclusive. There's a few openly trans individuals in my building living on a non-gender specific floor and they haven't had any issues here!

4. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was unaware of such programs! My second year in college though, I roomed with some guy friends of mine. The school never said a word.

5. Sarcastic Luck

I don't think the university I'll probably be going to has this. Everything is segregated by gender.